This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spooky - google is reading my mind!

So, just a few minutes ago I was planning a meal involving salmon, and I went to Google to search for a suitable sauce to go with it.

I start to type in my search phrase, and I get as far as typing the word "sauce" (without a space afterward), and the very first auto-complete suggestion that popped up was "sauce for salmon". Ahead of "sauce for steak", even ahead of "saucepan"...

Mind = blown.

(Edit) I eventually decided upon a cream cheese & cracked peppercorn sauce
    Last edited by HalationEffect; Sep 20, 2012, 07:40 AM.
    sigpic
    "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
    -- Douglas Adams

Ahh, you must have missed the memo about the Google Inc. chips that were recently implanted in everyones head while we slept. Apparently thoughts can not be copyright protected and so anyone now has the right to collect, store and openly any thought which they find floating around. Google argued that since corporations are people, but lack the ability to have normal human conversations whereby they can collect others thoughts, they need to have special considerations made and were given court permission to implant chips in everyones heads. Unfortunately, Apple claims that a 1 line string of code in the chips violates their patents. This code infringes on Apples patent of "a device which does stuff" and so is taking Google and now you to court to outlaw the chips. Analysts speculate that the move is being done so that Apple can install its own chips in your head. Jumping on the band wagon, Samsung, Sony, Motorola, and even WalMart are finding new and unusual ways to sue their way into your head. God bless America.

Comment

Google Inc. chips that were recently implanted in everyones head while we slept.
      Finally, a legitimate reason to wear a tin-foil hat!
      sigpic
      "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
      -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by HalationEffect View Post
        Finally, a legitimate reason to wear a tin-foil hat!
        A new technology uses the tin in the traditional foil cap to enhance the sending and receiving of data. User beware.....

Comment

sigpic
          -- Douglas Adams

Comment

It's a man's life in the Kubuntu forums...

Please Read Me

Comment

Why do I get the strangest feeling that I'm about to be attacked by a homicidal maniac wielding a piece of fresh fruit?
              sigpic
              -- Douglas Adams

Comment

I wonder what the most dangerous fruit is. My guess is the durian.

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
                  I wonder what the most dangerous fruit is. My guess is the durian.
                  I could well believe that! Quite apart from the size, weight, and thick thorns, I'm given to understand that the stench of a durian can attract tigers...
                  sigpic
                  -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Yes, but what about a point-ted stick?

Please Read Me

Comment

Ooh, ooh, ooh; want to learn how to defend yourself against pointed sticks, do we? Getting all high and mighty, eh? Fresh fruit not good enough for you, eh? Well let me tell you something my lad! When you're walking home tonight and some great homicidal maniac comes after YOU with a bunch of loganberries, don't come cryin' to me!
                      sigpic
                      -- Douglas Adams

Comment

My dad got my started on Flying Circus when the shows were released in the US on Public Television, circa 1971. Now I own all the shows on DVD and all their movies except Jabberwocky.

John Cleese did a speaking tour a couple of years ago and came through Long Beach. He said he needed the money to pay for his divorce so he was going to call it the "Feeding The Beast" tour, lol! He talked a lot about how they got started and the history of each of the members of the troupe. I attended with my youngest son who is also a Python-head. It was well worth the admission!

Anyway, enough thread-jacking for the day!

Please Read Me

Comment

Hehe, I was a little young for their brand of humour in 1971... I think my first encounter with Monty Python was probably sometime in the mid to late 80s. I was a fan from the word go.

Not to worry about thread-jacking, it was a frivolous thread to begin with.
                          sigpic
                          -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by HalationEffect View Post
                            I could well believe that! Quite apart from the size, weight, and thick thorns, I'm given to understand that the stench of a durian can attract tigers...
                            Skanky doesn't even begin to describe durians. They're so rank that Singapore's public transit even prohibits them on trains:

Comment

It's because they don't want tigers wandering onto the trains, right?
                              sigpic
                              -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
                              X