This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple sues over letters A, P, L

Oh for the good old golden days of evil microshaft.... evil evil evil....

and goooooooodddd apple....

lol, no more! lol

It is fortunate that the academic intelligentsia never sully their thoughts with such mundane things as.....shopping! lol

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/81367/

woodsmoke

OK, that is just pathetic. Apple ought to get laughed out of court. No, wait, they oughta get a contempt citation and THEN get laughed out of court.
    linux since slack 2. kde since beta 1. kubuntu since hardy.

Comment

Considering that the "pl" portion they are suing over is the internet code for Poland -- this just shows how arrogant Apple as a company is. What about www.apl.com? They are a global container company. Why doesn't Apple go against them? Probably because they are large enough to fight back where this grocery store isn't.

Shhhhh! Don't tell Apple that I used to program in APL.

In reality, I imagine this is a test case for Apple. The grocery store is too small to fight back and if Apple can show that they "won," in this case, they can use it to go after other people. Dole, better watch out -- they won't be able to market their Pine*pples any more. It may just be too confusing for people.

Comment

I have a feeling that this is just smoke. Apple doesn't really have any chance of winning this case -- it is just too absurd, and the courts are going to see it that way and dismiss it. I think that the Government of Poland will chime in on this one.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I wonder if they'll go after Apperific - app.ie - next.
          app.il isn't taken so I'm registering that.
          Sadly there isn't a .le country domain otherwise app.le (Appliance City, Lesotho?) would be next.
          I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretCode View Post
            app.il isn't taken so I'm registering that.
            hehe. I'm sure that your Countries Government will come to your aid when Apple files a law suite against you!
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hmm. I won't be holding my breath.
              I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Working...
              X