Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is just so much... random stuff.....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is just so much... random stuff.....

In another thread I mentioned that many of the more.... liberal, ( I use the term guardedly folks), "educationists" have espoused that "serendipity" is the best method of learning whereby people actually retain the knowledge for a long period of time.

I mean......the thing about that doofus extra password for Google...I mean..... WT(I won't add in the third letter). I beat my head against the wall going through the multiplicity of iterations of all the ways that I could put ports, and passwords, and yada yada yada....into that thing and what was the answer.....nothing that I ever conceived...

And how many times have we ALL seen the same thing..... in other fora, peopel banging their heads against the wall about totally disparate things....

Stuff works for some people, stuff does not work for others.....and for them stuff works that does not work- for still other people...

just so random....

How many people have given up on a distro because of a particular app not working when it was not, really, the "fault" of the distro....it was just...

because of just totally random interactions of this stuff and that stuff and it works for some and doesn't for others....

woodsmoke

*sad nod*

It's not really random of course. We just can't isolate the causes.

To paraphrase Arthur C Clarke, "Any sufficient complicated technology fails in ways indistinguishable from random."
    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Working...
    X