Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sync Certain Bookmarks to the Cloud with Firefox-KDE Access?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sync Certain Bookmarks to the Cloud with Firefox-KDE Access?

I have tried a gmarks(Google Bookmarks) app and the app named Pocket(formerly read it later), but neither quite fulfill my need for syncing web page URLs to the cloud. The Android side of things works sufficient for the most part, but fall short on the Firefox add on side. For example gmarks has tag support so when I view my list, I can organize by categories rather then a long list of URLs. This would be ideal but the two most popular gmarks add ons for Firefox are broken or partially broken. Pocket works great on Android and Firefox, but lacks tags for organizing by a category. so I end up with a long list of URLs simply sorted by the time I add them.

I was hoping some one here can recommend an Android App for syncing URLs to the cloud that also has a supported/working Firefox Add on, and it must support tags. Preferably, function similar to Pocket, on Firefox would be nice. What I mean by this is I simply click a button and a small list appears and I do not have to even browse to the companies website to browse my bookmarks. However, I could live with a button that will simply launch the providers website if it comes down to it.

Also, something like Firefox's built in sync is of no interest to me. The URLs I bookmark will be for short term use. For example I am trying, and failing, to write some service menus. So sometimes, due to having a bad back and neck, I like to relax on the couch and google for (insert programing language here, bash in this case) examples from my phone. I can then sync them to the cloud and look at them when I am back on the desktop and ready to work.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
    Memory: 2x4GB Corsair Dominator
    Graphics Card: MSI R7770
    Monitor: Dell 2208WFP
    Mouse: Mionix NAOS 5000
    PSU: Corsair 520HX
    Case: Thermaltake Mozart TX
    Cooling: Thermalright TRUE Black Ultra-120 eXtreme CPU Heatsink Rev C
    Hard Drives: 1x180 GB Intel 330 SSD - 1xWD 1 TB Caviar Black - 1xWD 2 TB Caviar Green - 2xWD 3 TB Caviar Green

The solution is ... wait, I don't know of one either. As well as the tools you mention, I make a lot of use of Catch.com. It allows tagging, and it's got a good Android app ... but I don't think it has a Firefox extension, and it's not specific to URLs. Sharing a URL from Android into Catch is easy (although I'm surprised it doesn't include the page title as well as the url itself). Sharing a url from Firefox, though, is pretty much just copy and paste.
    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretCode View Post
      The solution is ... wait, I don't know of one either.
      Lol thanks for leading me on

I used to use catch, but I ditched it for reasons I dont recall off hand. I suppose, as a last resort, that catch or similar services would work all be it not quite as well as something like pocket.

I figure I might not have the best of luck here but I am sire a few android users lurk around so maybe I will get lucky. If I have any luck on xda-devlopers or rootz wiki, I will report back.

Sent from my DROID2 Global
      CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K
      Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
      Memory: 2x4GB Corsair Dominator
      Graphics Card: MSI R7770
      Monitor: Dell 2208WFP
      Mouse: Mionix NAOS 5000
      PSU: Corsair 520HX
      Case: Thermaltake Mozart TX
      Cooling: Thermalright TRUE Black Ultra-120 eXtreme CPU Heatsink Rev C
      Hard Drives: 1x180 GB Intel 330 SSD - 1xWD 1 TB Caviar Black - 1xWD 2 TB Caviar Green - 2xWD 3 TB Caviar Green

Comment

Working...
      X