Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Galaxy Note NOT on Apple 'banned' list. Note II released.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galaxy Note NOT on Apple 'banned' list. Note II released.

Interesting to note that the Galaxy Note is NOT in the list of targeted phones in the recent Apple vs Samsung patent battle.

It is also important to note that this is a US court decision involving US patents. I'm not sure of the effect (if any) that this will have on Canada. However, I do know that the Galaxy S3 sold in the US is a far cry from the international version that we get here that has the quad core processor.

Regardless, I am happy that the Note is not in the 'banned' list. I am also pleased to see the release today of the Galaxy Note II. Display is actually slightly smaller (sadly), but the 1.6 GHz quad core (vs 1.4 GHz dual core) processor ought to resolve my disappointment. Jelly Bean 4.1 out of the box.

I'll be looking for one. How about you?

Frank.
    Linux: Powerful, open, elegant. Its all I use.

The operative problem for me is the "slide the puzzle" interface for unlocking the thing. My lab assistant, a very perspicacious young lady, mentioned that.

woodsmoke

Comment

It appears Apple changed it's mind:
      http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/st...2/1?csp=34news

Comment

Wodsmoke:

the "slide the puzzle" interface for unlocking the thing.
        Not sure what you mean by that. Mine allows any side to side swipe to unlock the machine. The phone answers with the standard swipe of a green answer button.

In the meantime, I see that Apple has now gone after the Galaxy Note and the S2 as well in a new lawsuit....

Frank.

Comment

Teunis:

Ooops. Looks like our posts crossed. Yes, Apple is at it again it seems....

Glad I don't live in the US. We also get the quad core S3 here in Canada, though if I upgrade, it will be for the quad core Note 2.

Frank.

Comment

Working...
          X