X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
    There is no patch for stupidity.

Attached Files
    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      As I've said before, my grip is with Microsoft's ethics and business practices.
      After reading your statement I was reminded of this.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SecretCode View Post
        That is funny beyond words!!
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

My students saw this in real time, the very first day of class this semester.

MS is so desperate now that even if I have a file that is locked with no permissions to change it in any way on a USB stick and it has a .ppt extension Win7 at the college won't display it, saying it is corrupted and that it will provide a repair and a converter and then the external, MS, site doesn't provide one.

However, the same file, on a cd works fine because MS can't get at the file.

ADDITION: the next day the cd wouldn't play at all. I called tech support and he, along with the Dean, appeared with a program disk of some kind and put it in the tray and it appeared and he said that I had not "closed" the cd properly.

I averred that I had closed it properly, that it played on two computers at home and had played the pervious lecture and that probably the situation was that the DVD drive was old and out of alignment.

That night the guy replaced the DVD drive and my cd now plays fine.

All of these people have to buy into the myth or they go nuts.

woodsmoke

Comment

Used to be a time when 'tech' was just shorthand for 'technical', with all that the word meant.
            adjective

1. belonging or pertaining to an art, science, or the like: technical skill.
            2. peculiar to or characteristic of a particular art, science, profession, trade, etc.: technical details.
            3. using terminology or treating subject matter in a manner peculiar to a particular field, as a writer or a book: a technical report.
            4. skilled in or familiar in a practical way with a particular art, trade, etc., as a person.
            5. of, pertaining to, or showing technique.
            Now, to often, 'tech' just means:
            Take out and
            exchange
            customers
            hardware
            Last edited by Snowhog; Aug 26, 2012, 01:12 PM.
            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

rotfl!

woodsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                That is funny beyond words!!
                Indeed! I'd really like to know what happens if you press the "Cancel" button, though

Comment

It would be a user error to click the cancel button ...
                  I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

I think the cancel button should cause a system shutdown, and I know where we could use this little script - see the thread about Synergy!. LOL...

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                    X