This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A cool take on kubuntu.

I saw this post on google+ from kubuntu's "show your desktop friday" .
    Looked around and found the youtube video exactly how to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHqRRP9fVHQ

Now that ive been using it a little while it has really reminded me how fun using kubuntu can be
    and have no idea how i was using default settings before.

I used the desktop clock widget over the conky one they use in the video, i guess my resolution didnt really agree with it.
    and im using folder viewer widget instead of stack folders(is this the same thing? seems like it to me)

Im also interested to know if any forum readers/posters do something similar? I would definately be willing to give anyones method of doing things a shot
    as long as its not too complicated.

quite kewl! I didn't know about the addon, I'll try it.! thanks
    woodsmoke

Comment

KDE = desktop however you can want/imagine it. I don't really know of a set-up you cant do. There was a time when all I had was Widget dashboard, Krunner with a lot of plugins and 4 virtual desktops and that was all I used with some nicely mapped shortcuts. KDE is just fantastic for customization.

Best comment from a Mac user - "Dude, thats so hectic (slang for cool.) OSX doesn't have that because its better."
      Best comment from a windows user - "How did you get your Windows to look like that? That's the best desktop I have ever seen."
      Best comment from a gnome user - "What is customization??"

Comment

Excellent video! I am going to set up that arrangement and play with it!
        Thanks for the link.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I think Kubuntu should package that as an option like plasma netbook. They can call it plasma Georgi or plasma kmecho.

Comment

Can't get any of the options to install with kde4.9:mad:
            HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
            4 GB Ram
            Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

That is cool. Going to play around with that tomorrow. Thanks!

Comment

if anyone is interested the copy left logo he uses for the menu icon is at

http://orlandofoodnotbombs.org/resources/media/

I tried doing a similar setup in compiz... not as smooth as doing it with kwin and you cant get the top left switch between tasks things going(well i couldnt anyways.)
                love that kubuntu magic. i may be a bit biased but i dont have so much fun with just the basic functions of any other OS.

Comment

Working...
                X