This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft revamps corporate logo

Just found this item. What you think, will it improve their image?

http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-revea...ge-7000003084/

Already alterations of it on the web making it look like a swastika. Probably not what Microsoft had in mind. Also, it is interesting that as Microsoft as a platform is aging, they have shifted to using gray instead of black for the corporate name.

Comment

The logo is square now, which fits the "I'm a PC -- I'm a Mac" classification Apple has applied to them.

In addition, the old 'flying windows' logo is now more stiff. Another sign of old age?
      Linux: Powerful, open, elegant. Its all I use.

Comment

Well, I, personally, have come to a conclusion about two things concerning "the maturing" of something.

a) Soundtracks for films that have multiple sequels: They get more and more abstract, and therefore harder and harder to "relate" to the films, a prime example being the ST NextGen series.

b) Logos for business seem to go through the same metamorphosis, becoming more and more abstract.

Now in some cases, like 3M there really is a good and valid reason. 3M really is no longer "Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing".

But in most other cases it is, I think, it is a perceived need of the bosses to appear "more sophisticated" and "we are now HERE folks!". lol

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
        X