X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock vs customized themes etc.

Hi
    This is a poll about how many people:

a) "heavily customize" their distro, as in using, adding, mixing custom themes, or buttons, or cursors, etc. (NOT just changing the background)

As opposed to

b) "leaving the distro stock" , as it installed from the cd/dvd, changing the background allowed for this option, (but not something like changing the theme, mixing themes, adding buttons, cursors, etc.)

And, of course if someone wants to comment that is ok!

woodsmoke
    Do you customize Kubu; changing themes, cursors, etc. (changing background does not count)
    66.67%
    Do you leave Kubu "stock" changing only the background
    33.33%

I don't keep my Kubuntu 'stock', but I don't heavily modify it either.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Well I wouldn't say HEAVILY modified ,,,,,,,,,but definitely not stock ether.

Lets seeeee,,, different desktop theme,window decorations,color scheme,icon set,,,custom kickoff icon (one of MoonRise's) ,,,,aaaaaaaa,,,non standard cube caps on the desktop cube and wallpaper behind it ,,,,,,aaaaa,,,,custom Grub background ,,,,,custom plasma boot splash and kde log in screen ,,,,,,,and a multi Medea activity

well maby not LIGHTLY modified ether 8)

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I don't change much either except for using a slideshow for wallpapers. I've tried in the past to tinker with different themes and in the end, it doesn't seem worth the effort.
        Linux User #454271

Comment

I use custom wallpapers, plymouth, login, and splash screens. I've had difficulty with themes, icons, ect. and as such have hesitated playing around much.

Comment

Not enough options in the poll
            I change background, but not always, depending on the stock one KDE ships. My activities always have a different wallpaper, regardless of my main desktop.
            I do change to a transparent kwin theme when I do change backgrounds, especially when I use Activities a lot.

Comment

I always change the desktop background. On this system I've changed the plymouth background (and even the GRUB2 background!) ... but probably won't bother with that on future installations.

I do tweak my default panel and my virtual desktops, but rarely bother with different widget themes etc
              I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

I use to heavily modify it, but nowadays I tend to only change the panel, background and activities to my needs. For me everything else was too much effort/maintenance for what little difference it made (and I quite like the default themes these days).

Though I wouldn't say I keep it as stock since my panels are very different from the stock ones

Comment

I do customize my desktop, but only a few aspects (wallpaper, mouse pointer, and window deco). I don't go all crazy on the customization.
                  The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

I tend to use the Cairo dock, heavily customized, and the login screen and splash screen always have the same background as my desktop wallpaper. And i use a mixture of icons of the KFaenze and Breathless icon themes.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X