This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayan Ruins on Google Maps street view

One does not need an "app" for this on the computer.

Just go to Google maps and in destination type in:

mayan ruins of Tulum Mexico

You will see a number and the "push pin" on the map, click it and hit the street view image and you are there.

There are several other places mapped also:

Chichen Itza's El Castillo
    Teotihuacan,
    Tulum,
    Palenque,
    Uxmal

Here is an article from NBC with some pithy info on the above places if you want to read it, or just go to street view and wander around!

http://cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2...can-ruins?lite

woodsmoke

Hey thanks for the tip, in the mid 80s. I worked for a year in that area, we would regularly spend a day off going to Palenque as it was the nearest and most impressive site.
    I can see they have over al these years uncovered a lot more buildings but the impressions were probably more profound on days when you were just about the only visitor.
    The same is even more so with Chichen Itza which was in the day barely accessible.

Comment

When I first glanced at the title of this post, I saw "Mayan Ruins on Google Mars street view"!

Comment

@SR You must have mistook the p for the Cyrillic or Greek letter for r (rho, which looks like a P, for those who don't know).
        The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Talking about google Mars, you know you can select the surface of Mars or the moon in Google Earth right?
          The funny thing is when you have markers for your own places saved they will show up on the other planet/moon

Comment

Working...
          X