This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I love the internet...

Sitting at my desk this morning, I noticed my chair and my desk (I was resting my forearms on it at the time) were shifting ever-so-slightly out of sync. An earthquake! A small one, but I could feel it. Furthering my belief - the wall behind my desk started a small squeaking sound where it is attached to the ceiling.

Of course, none of my co-workers felt it or believed me UNTIL I brought up http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/ and my suspicion was confirmed in just a few seconds!

I love having immediate proof when I'm right around here!

Please Read Me

that's cool ....bookmarking

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

What sucks is that others are also armed with immediate proof. I can remember a time when there was no internet but I dont remember what people did to settle disputes like this. Encyclopedia?? No idea...

Comment

FRIEND: Hey, feel that? We're having an earthquake!

OSHUN: Nope. Not gonna believe it.

FRIEND: You idiot! Your desk is moving, your wall is squeaking. What more proof do you want?

OSHUN: [checks web site located a few states away] Damn, you're right, it's on the Internet!

[EARTH opens up and swallows OSHUN and FRIEND.]

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
          What sucks is that others are also armed with immediate proof. I can remember a time when there was no internet but I dont remember what people did to settle disputes like this. Encyclopedia?? No idea...
          Being a relic from that era I recall vividly how arguments were settled ... unsubstantiated appeals to authority! (Wait ... that's how they are settled on the Internet as well!)
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Rofl - both of you - good ones!

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
            X