X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
    Hope this is a good thing for Qt.
    I believe it is. Qt is the MOST powerful cross platform API in existence. There are only two areas the commercial version has over GPL version: 1) the presence of proprietary db drivers, and, 2) one year of GOOD support, which can be extended year to year. For me the paid support was $750/yr, and it was WORTH every dollar. Digia appears to be "all in" on Qt.

Compare that with my experience with RH paid support... I filed a problem ticket with RH support. After a couple hours I got tired of waiting for a response and did some Googling myself. Within 30 minutes I found two links that dealt with my problem and gave solutions which worked. THREE DAYS later I got an email from RH support and their "solutions" were the two links I had found minutes after filing my support ticket.

But, if you think that is bad, wait till you file an Oracle support ticket. Even though you've paid for it, you'l be lucky if you even get a reply. The best Oracle support is the open forums.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
    X