X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone played Valyria Tear?

http://linuxgamecast.com/2012/07/val...ming-goodness/
    I stumbled on this earlier and this game looks like just the type of games I have been looking for..an open world rpg with exploration capabilities, and a turn based battle system. Atleast it looks like a turn based battle system. Has any one tried this and can comment on if it has a turn based battle system and how stable it is? Anyone recomend similar games for linux with an open world and a turn based battle system that uses a battle party? If any one has played Shinning Force II(for Sega Genises) or any of the Shinning force games, you know what I am talking about.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
    Memory: 2x4GB Corsair Dominator
    Graphics Card: MSI R7770
    Monitor: Dell 2208WFP
    Mouse: Mionix NAOS 5000
    PSU: Corsair 520HX
    Case: Thermaltake Mozart TX
    Cooling: Thermalright TRUE Black Ultra-120 eXtreme CPU Heatsink Rev C
    Hard Drives: 1x180 GB Intel 330 SSD - 1xWD 1 TB Caviar Black - 1xWD 2 TB Caviar Green - 2xWD 3 TB Caviar Green

Mmm... It looks like a 2D text game to me.

Have you tried Minecraft? It is a 3D game. You can play it as a single player or on a server where you can meet other avatars controlled by real people in a 3D environment which is either "Creative" or "Survival". In the survival mode the enemies can be other players or "Mobs" (zombies, creepers, skeletons, snakes, rats, spiders, etc...) that can kill you. Players can role play, or work as a team, etc.. If you play in the "hardcore" mode being killed is the end of the game. In the survival mod (easy or difficult) when you are killed you get respawned at the spawning point, which you can change by building, placing and sleeping in a bed at another location. The bed is usually put in the home you build using various materials in the environment, from trees to stone to iron. You have various kinds of armor and weapons to defend yourself and to kill animals or tools to grow crops so that you won't starve, forcing a respawn. In the creative mode you have unlimited supplies of materials and can fly. In the survival modes you walk and you must make your own tools from the resources in the environment around you, and you must establish a safe place to live before the sun sets on the first day or you risk being killed by Mobs. On server play you can be killed by anyone else if the mode "PVP" is enabled.

37 Million people have registered in Minecraft and nearly 7 Million have bought it, although you can play it for free with your browser.

The next release, 1.3, is out in a few days. Here is a preview by Paul Soares Jr and his son. Paul does a LOT of Minecraft videos on Youtube and they are very entertaining. His Youtube account is here.

There are LOTS of Youtube videos showing Minecraft in its various uses. One person even made a fully functional 16 bit ALU using the tools in Minecraft, and another took it a step farther and made a 16 bit computer. They are visually different because of "texture" mods, which change how Minecraft looks.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Jul 29, 2012, 02:19 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
    X