This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yahoo has a new CEO.

The former Google engineer Marissa Mayer is now CEO of Yahoo!. I hope she does well, coming from a fellow Wisconsinite. (She's from Wausau, about 35 mi. north of where I live and work).
    The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

I wonder if its too late for Yahoo though. Theyve made some serious blunders in the last few years and are miles and miles behind the likes of Google, Facebook and MS.

Comment

We'll see what happens then. It could be interesting.

Plus, love the move of Geek News to Community Cafe. It seems to make more sense. (to whomever did it.)
      The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

My second boy's girlfriend formerly did production for things like the recreation of Stanley's trek to find Livingston ( formerly because she said that it was one of the most "manufactured" farces with which she had ever been connected and resigned ( with a very nice silver parachute and a job provided at Yahoo )), is a producer of one of the " re-purposing" shows on the site.

The last time that we visited, a month or so ago, she said that there was no "perception" that Yahoo was a spent round or anything and that even though they might not be "top dog" that the operation would be around for the forseeable future.

Also, she emphasized that the place has a very positive work environment as opposed to the other place.

So....just a comment from her..dunno...

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
        X