This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GNOME & Mono Made Love At Microsoft Last Week

Gnome continues it's depressing demise by going from sleeping with the below average-looking girlfriend to taking it to the next step and moving in with her. Can anyone blame Canonical and Mint from moving away from Gnome? Ahhh I feel even more love for KDE and Qt now

GNOME & Mono Made Love At Microsoft Last Week
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Ick. Now I gotta take a shower!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
      Ick. Now I gotta take a shower!
      I already did...twice
      ​"Keep it between the ditches"
      K*Digest Blog
      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

It's all becoming clear now... GNOME's user-unfriendliness and the arrogance and hostility of the GNOME devs is the result of a cunning Microsoft plot to torpedo the Linux desktop! They need a DE they can point to as being even more universally disliked than Metro.

Time to update my subscription to Conspiracy Theory Monthly! Now, where did I put that tinfoil hat...?
        sigpic
        "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
        -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Here is the agenda of that meeting:
          Agenda and goals

• Implement Tomboy library.
          • Improve/implement GTK#3 and additional GNOME# bindings.
          • Banshee porting to GNOME3.
          • Pinta general application improvements.
          • F-Spot general application improvements.
          • Implement Plastic SCM extension for MonoDevelop.
          • Debate the future of GTK#. GTK#3 lacks a full time maintainer, GObject-Introspection deemed insufficient for creating .NET APIs. What do we do about it?
          • Integrate changes to bockbuild for Banshee builds on Linux, Windows and OS X upstream.
          Some actions on Tomboy, Banshee, Pinta, F-Spot and Plastic SCM for MonoDevelop?

Wow, talk about re-arranging the chairs on a sinking ship when the bow is already under water.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Seems to be a move out of desperation to me.

Comment

Working...
            X