Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter Penz (Dolphin developer) resigns...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter Penz (Dolphin developer) resigns...

http://ppenz.blogspot.nl/2012/06/dolphin-21.html
    Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

His reasoning left some unanswered questions. It is sad to lose a developer.

"Anyway, so long, and thanks for all the fish, as the dolphins said..." (in the
    comments). I enjoyed the movie. It was fun. Sad in this context.

It took me a while to warm up to dolphin after Konqueror. Dolphin does some
    things better than Konqueror. Hopefully Dolphin will still get maintained or
    Konqueror can get better file management.

Ken.
    Opinions are like rear-ends, everybody has one. Here's mine. (|)

Comment

Originally posted by lcorken View Post
      Hopefully Dolphin will still get maintained or
      Konqueror can get better file management.

Ken.
      Dolphin already has a new maintainer.
      "Just keep on learning. Little by little... If you're empty, then you can take in anything. If you want to be reborn, then it's in your best interest to become empty." - Vinland Saga

Comment

Fantastic file manager!

Peter Penz has done a fantastic job! 8)

Many thanks!
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Nah, he just went the way of many volunteer developers and had less time to devote. Writing software (especially free software) can eat up tons of time and everyone has to make a living! The project isn't dying, and like all software, someone takes over the reins sooner or later (well, except for Torvalds, lol).

IMO, Dolphin is one of the best things about KDE! I think Penz did such a great job over the years.

It was only because of Dolphin that I was willing to give up Windows and move to KDE. (I never liked Konqueror).

I just can't over-enthuse about what a great job he did on Dolphin! I use Dolphin more than any other program in Kubuntu.

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
          and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

Comment

+1, @perspectoff.

Dolphin is core to my use of KDE, since most of it is adding, removing, manipulating or using files of all kinds, and keeping them in order. It is to KDE what mc is to the console.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Dolphin especially rocks with the Root Actions Service Menu plug-in. 1 word: Indispensable.
              ​"Keep it between the ditches"
              K*Digest Blog
              K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Working...
              X