This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torvalds to collect $750K tech prize.

Way cool, and of course all of our hats are off to him!

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Linux-and-O...-Prize-762734/

woodsmoke

PPS it also mentions that a previous winner was Tim Berners-Lee, inventor of the World Wide Web. hmmm I thought that Al Gore said he invented the internet....oh well.
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Jun 15, 2012, 04:21 AM.

Congradulation to him and to Yamanaka. They have contributed well to their fields of endeavor. (regardless of how you feel about stem-cell research).
    The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
      hmmm I thought that Al Gore said he invented the internet....oh well.
      Come on, Woody, now you know better than to perpetuate rumors like that

But yes... congratulations indeed to Linus.

Comment

LOL
        I quite realize that the juxtaposition of Linux and stem cell research is probably quite a part of the butterfly effect, but still.....

Linux, at least from the view of the JohnnieMan, may his soul rest in peace,.....was that Linux became the unseen DNA of information systems about, he thought, what....two thousand years ago....don't know since I, personally, don't get down below the beltways that much...but...still.....the JohnnieMan was postprescient in many ways...

I mean......it is really hard for me to remember how many terms and GiBos he snagged off the beltways for me to fiddle faddle with...

Yep......he said that way back then...... Linux became the DNA of ..information systems.... I think mebbe he was right.

I wonder if he knew that Shinya fellah.......there is that guy that runs the manufactory of nose and ear replacements.

dunno....too many snyth rum 'n cokes....too many terms.....so little time before the beltway not taken.

woodsmoke

Comment

Cool indeed--congrats Torvalds!

Comment

Working...
          X