This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last FM breached

Since quite a few people use LastFM, just thought I'd post it in case they missed an advisory or something.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18358485

woodsmoke

From that article:

Last.fm apologised, saying it took user privacy "very seriously".
    That is the issue with pretty much anything that goes online, and why I hesitate to have much of anything to do with 'the cloud'. There is just plain no way to be sure that it is secure. While I use dropbox, I don't put anything there of any real value, and certainly nothing that I would prefer not be public. I look at 'the cloud' much like a postcard -- you don't put anything really personal or private on it, as someone is bound to read it somewhere.

Frank.
    Linux: Powerful, open, elegant. Its all I use.

Comment

Good that a place like this exists. There's always someone who keeps you up to date.

Changed my password. Thanks.
      "Just keep on learning. Little by little... If you're empty, then you can take in anything. If you want to be reborn, then it's in your best interest to become empty." - Vinland Saga

Comment

Jovin

You mean to say that they didn't inform everyone? :0

woodsmoke

Comment

Yes. The only information is on their website - a banner.
          But normally I do not visit their site...
          Except I missed something, but I didn't even get a email.
          "Just keep on learning. Little by little... If you're empty, then you can take in anything. If you want to be reborn, then it's in your best interest to become empty." - Vinland Saga

Comment

Hi
            That's too bad, one would think...but...it kind of reminds me of GoDaddy a few years back.

woodsmoke

Comment

For an excellent primer on how just about everyone gets password security wrong, and how to do it right, I'd recommend this KrebsOnSecurity article:

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2012/06/h...word-security/

Comment

Working...
              X