This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing signature, please ignore

Edit: Why is deleting an unwanted post not obvious?
    Last edited by tek_heretik; Jun 04, 2012, 08:03 AM.

I am going to delete this post.

Nope, it doesn't look like the board supports users deleting their own posts. Personally I'm OK with that.
    Last edited by SecretCode; Jun 04, 2012, 12:41 AM. Reason: try to delete
    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Yeah, but you can edit your own posts, riht? And so edit the post by deleting the text in that post and making a comment, perhaps like: Edited to delete the text of my post.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Please ignore this post

Please Read Me

Comment

I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretCode View Post
            +1
            ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
            Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
            Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
            Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
            - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
            >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

So much for people ignoring this thread, lol, kinda like "DO NOT PUSH THIS BUTTON", people push it anyway, lol even harder.
              Last edited by tek_heretik; Jun 04, 2012, 09:09 PM. Reason: fixed spelling

Comment

I tried to ignore it for several days but then just couldn't stand it and had to look!

When I was in the FFA one of our initiations was to....

(this would be considered politically incorrect nowadays, unsafe, and bad for the general welfare of the population and one would probably be arrested but......anyway......)

The new "Green Hands" were to go downtown, sit on the kerb and stare intently upward to nowhere in particular.

An "old hand" would sit somewhere else and watch the passers by... people walked a lot back then...no cars.... and count and when some arbitrary number, like fifty, people had looked up to see that at which we were staring, then we had passed that part of the initiation!

Simpler times...simpler days...

woodsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
                  I tried to ignore it for several days but then just couldn't stand it and had to look!
                  Oh man, did that make me laugh, jumbly belly chuckle, heh.

Comment

Permitting non-Administrator users to delete their posts/threads isn't permitted.
                    Be careful with allowing post deletion. If you allow users to edit their posts indefinitely (see "Time Limit on Editing of Posts" setting here) as well as allow them to delete their posts, then they can go back into your forum history and delete all of their posts if they want. Note: Users can only soft-delete their own post. As staff you can undelete them again at any time.
                    Be careful with allowing thread deletion. When a thread is deleted all of the posts in it are also deleted. If you allow users to edit their posts indefinitely (see "Time Limit on Editing of Posts" setting here) as well as allow them to delete their threads, then they can go back into your forum history and delete all of their threads if they want.
                    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by tek_heretik View Post
                      So much for people ignoring this thread, lol, kinda like "DO NOT PUSH THIS BUTTON", people push it anyway, lol even harder.
                      I found the button, lol, check this out for a laugh... http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/316A...%3d1%26rel%3d0

Comment

At least the signature works, right?
                        The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Originally posted by bsniadajewski View Post
                          At least the signature works, right?
                          Oh yeah, lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X