This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rms wrote:

Goli Otok where they, who survived, mastered the art of stonemasonry.
    rms it saddens my heart greatly to report this, but I have asked, probably half, of my classes over the past several years....

I only do it when there is an apropos moment ....

"Who has heard of the Gulags, or the "salt mines" or some stuff like that.....

And the ONLY people who ever raise their hands.....are usually up into their late thirties....

Nobody knows about Aleksandr Solzhenitsy

All of that has been erased from the educational memory of history books in the U.S. or if it is discussed, it is dismissed as an aberration and especially an aberration of the conservative, paranoid, mindset.

In biology books, Lysenkoism has disappeared, the evolution frauds have disappeared, ...in other words.....a scientist can do no wrong and is as close to god as people are going to get to save them from all the evils of the world...

But, one has to also give credit to where credit is due..... AGW has disappeared also.

In the physical sciences cold fusion has disappeared, along with "aether" and other miscellany.....again.......the scientist can do no wrong....

especially when working for the government.......

any scientist working for private industry is well,,,,,,,,,,,,, nothing but a paid stooge for capitalism.

Even when I was in high school, the "educationists" really looked with a very SUSPECT eye at FFA. After all, it is "private" ....not government controlled..... and the 4H was kind of suspect also.

The "Democrats" have tried to get rid of FFA for decades, while grudgingly going along with 4H....

Why would that be....? Well, both organizations teach..............independence of thought........the students DO things instead of "playing like they do something".....

The labor department is now going at in another way....

http://www.wfaa.com/news/education/F...149136515.html

Anything to get more control to the government and this under a supposedly liberal administration....

One definition of liberalism:
    Liberalism is a political ideology that thinks that an individual is free from all interferences and restrictions.
    However, in modern liberalism, that does not apply to anything associated with "being conservative", or "business", or watching a cable channel which is not on the approved list, such as Fox News.

Now, the immediate riposte is "yeah but..."...."look at what Catholic Church has done"...etc...

But the argument falls flat on it's face.

By definition, according to the modern liberal thought: anything "conservative/church related/business related" is "restrictive and authoritarian".

Ipso facto then one would EXPECT all those evil conservatives and churchy people to want to RESTRICT anything one does....so they can go to heaven and the businesses can make big money...

But..... since the definition of liberalism above states: the individual is free from all interferences and restrictions ......

it raises the question of why "the liberals"( who want unrestricted freedoms) want to shut down talk radio and Fox News, and also want to stop the sales of 32 ounce sodas.

U.S. history is being rewritten on a massive scale.

woodsmoke

Comment

one can now amend my previous post to include:

"The popcorn isn't a whole lot better than the soda," he said.

Another member suggested limits for milkshakes and "milk-coffee beverages."
      popcorn, milk shakes....and OMG.... the Frasier bros will absolutely DIE....LATTES!!!

Please remember that I have often said......when will "they" come after something YOU.....like...?

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
        one can now amend my previous post to include:

popcorn, milk shakes....and OMG.... the Frasier bros will absolutely DIE....LATTES!!!

Please remember that I have often said......when will "they" come after something YOU.....like...?
        Yes, well, you seem to be talking about bureaucrats... that's what they do and how they earn their bread and butter.

EU is not free from it either. For instance, you cannot brew your own rakia, piglets must grow in precisely defined conditions, cows can eat milled bones and meat of other cows...

To quote an anonymous joker: "Who doesn't go crazy here (in this world) is not normal!"
        Last edited by rms; Jun 13, 2012, 02:52 PM.
        Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

Comment

What a coincidence! We're talking about evolution and what not, and there is a new Through the Wormhole on Science Channel. This episode is called "Is There a Superior Race" dealing with DNA, differences (and similarities) in the races within humanity. A very interesting show it is.

@rms Yes, that does look like a bare island.
          The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Originally posted by rms View Post
            Yes, well, you seem to be talking about bureaucrats... that's what they do and how they earn their bread and butter.

EU is not free from it either. For instance, you cannot brew your own rakia, piglets must grow in precisely defined conditions, cows can eat milled bones and meat of other cows...

To quote an anonymous joker: "Who doesn't go crazy here (in this world) is not normal!"
            I must be normal then
            The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Originally posted by bsniadajewski View Post
              What a coincidence! We're talking about evolution and what not, and there is a new Through the Wormhole on Science Channel. This episode is called "Is There a Superior Race" dealing with DNA, differences (and similarities) in the races within humanity. A very interesting show it is.
              "Bosnian and Serb..."

My grandmother had in her yard a wild apple. It gave plentiful yield of small inconspicuous but incredibly tasty fruit each year. Nothing affected it(except harsh winters) and it didn't require any tending. Now we have apples which have been tempered with by man, looking delicious and weighing half a pound. But it needs to be treated with chemicals several times each season to preserve the fruit.

Once scientists & bureaucrats start modifying our genome to *improve* us, we're done for.
              Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

Comment

Originally posted by rms View Post
                "Bosnian and Serb..."
                What about Poles and Germans ?
                Last edited by bsniadajewski; Jun 14, 2012, 06:35 PM. Reason: forgot to finish quote formatting

Comment

Working...
                X