This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook building a smartphone?

Rumour has it that Facebook reportedly building phone with ex-Apple engineers | Mobile - CNET News

A poster on a local forum suggests that it should be called Facepalm.
    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Sooooo.....ekkktually..... the decision by Canonical to go with Unity may not have been "that far" off the mark.

If the "average user" would be willing to fiddle with a smartphone that has a "google interface" or a "facebook interface".... then why not a "Unity interface"?

I saw a map on a distro a coupla days ago, can't remember the name that was just amazing in that almost all of the users are in the U.S.

Here is an Ubu map:

Soooo if Canonical thinks that the "majority" of Ubu users that may also be RABID perpetually upgrading cell phone users are clustered in the U.S. and "Europe", possibly eastern S.A. then why NOT produce an Ubu cell phone?

I for one, would probably purchase one the next time my contract is finished.

hmmmm

My programmer boy was down for a visit over Memorial Day and I was showing him Kubu etc. and he said something like this:

He does not even think about the OS. When a client wants him to do a "thing"....the client buys the appropriate packages and my boy puts them on the appropriate OS and he then produces the software.

Now, he, granted, is a long way past the average person, but then we have Google wanting the desktop be the Google Chrome Broswer... so...hmmm

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
    X