Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ferri -- in my opinion, you have hit the nail squarely on the head! Well said. I agree fully with you.

When "we" grew up in the 1950's, not graduating from high school was not an option. Not helping your parents mow the lawn and shovel snow and help around the house was not an option. Sitting around watching TV all day was not an option. Shoplifting was a big no-no, and the kids who did it were punished socially by the whole community. Kids drinking and doing dope and having sex was not an option. Crime was not what it is today, not close. On and on and damned on. When you get at it, what's the real problem here (in USA)? The family has gone to hell. When the kids are f'd up, you gotta look at who raised the kids--the adults (largely boomers) have not shown proper parental leadership and role modeling. The adults have allowed all this to happen. Mom and dad are out mowing the lawn while their lazy-piece-of-sh* kid is inside playing electronic games, and the kid now is 25 and still living at home and probably has no job (even though $8-$10/hour jobs do exist around town). Geez, don't get me started here this fine Sunday morning ...
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
    X