Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should I do the Ohsaka superwipe and manual wipe from big step 3 .......or will flashing the radio (2.22.28.25).zip file.. let finish than flash the hboot (1.33.0013d).zip file be good enuff you think? dont want to loose my google sine in

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Cool! Now on to big-step 3. After that, you're home free.

Download CyanogenMod 6 (from earlier link). Also, get this GApps:
      http://cmw.22aaf3.com/gapps/gapps-md...020-signed.zip

It has the Market and Google Talk. Talk? Yes -- it's required for the Market to work. Don't worry, you aren't suddenly always signed in to the instant messaging service. It's simply the mechanism your phone uses to authenticate.

Copy both files (they'll be .zips) to your microSD. Boot into recovery. Then start flashing. First flash the CyanogenMod zip. Then flash the GApps zip. Then wipe cache and dalvik. Finally, reboot.

The first boot might take a bit longer, as Android has to build the dalvik cache and extract the odex files. After that, you should be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
        should I do the Ohsaka superwipe and manual wipe from big step 3 .......or will flashing the radio (2.22.28.25).zip file.. let finish than flash the hboot (1.33.0013d).zip file be good enuff you think? dont want to loose my google sine in
        Big-step 2 has already done that. So follow big-step 3 as listed. Then after you flash CyanogenMod 6, you'll reconfigure Google. What matters now is that you're past all the restrictions that check for SIM cards and such.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
          Big-step 2 has already done that. So follow big-step 3 as listed. Then after you flash CyanogenMod 6, you'll reconfigure Google. What matters now is that you're past all the restrictions that check for SIM cards and such.
          AAaa OK loading the sd with the step 3 stuff now

VINNY
          16GB RAM

Comment

loading the CyanogenMod and google apps now

VINNY
            16GB RAM

Comment

Yay!

I found an old SIM that allowed me to "pretend" register my G1. I'm now just a few steps behind you in the process. I'm gonna flash that Ice Cream Sandwich build I saw on XDA, purely out of curiousity

Comment

poop stuck in a boot up loop .........?
                perhaps that CyanogenMod was to high a ver. ?

VINNY
                16GB RAM

Comment

Possibly. But at least now you can use recovery to manage. Wipe system, cache, and dalvik. Don't wipe boot! Then install a different ROM. You're now in complete play mode

Comment

LOL ......welp gota find a good one to play with now ...........aaaaaa bead time now maby tomarow I'll find one .

VINNY
                    16GB RAM

Comment

Well the hard part is over! Fun, eh?

Comment

I saw the same bootloop. Dunno if it's because I flashed GApps right after flashing CyanogenMod; perhaps a reboot between the two is necessary?

I took a quick look at EzGingerbread, it seems decent. It needs a GApps.

I'm checking out the stuff from United Devs --
                        * Touch recovery: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1548001
                        * Liberty ROM (with Android 2.1, Sense 2.0, touch installer)

Comment

well yes it has been fun

I'm going with the ezGingerbread now I think http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=882356

I'll let ya know how it goes

VINNY
                          16GB RAM

Comment

ezGingerbread loaded and is working fine so far !!

aloud using wifi to setup google acct. from the start and with no SIM card ...........Weeeeeeeee

VINNY
                            16GB RAM

Comment

ezGingerbread loaded and is working fine so far !!
                              Yeah, that one seems the best right now. The Sense ROM from Unity Devs never booted... got stuck on the "G1" logo screen for 10 minutes. But their touch recovery looks pretty good.

I forgot just how good of a phone the G1 is. Kind of a brick, but the keyboard is great.

aloud using wifi to setup google acct. from the start and with no SIM card
                              This is why I'm an advocate of rooting Android devices and flashing a different build. It allows you to have complete control over the entire device. In my house are four Nook colors, two MyTouch 4G Slides, one Sidekick 4G, and one G2. Every single one of them rooted.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                                In my house are four Nook colors, two MyTouch 4G Slides, one Sidekick 4G, and one G2. Every single one of them rooted.
                                :eek: no lack of toys at your house ...............LOL 8)

and you forgot the G1

VINNY
                                16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                                X