Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rooted, HTC Sensation with upgraded ROM to XE status with Beats Audio, Sense UI 3.6, and Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3. Dual core, overclocked, and very quck!

Other than the usual text-talk-internet stuff and Angry Birds (of course) - how about TV remote control! Also, checking traffic (I live in L.A.), navigation, refilling prescriptions, listen to radio, music, figuring out "what is the name of that song?", facebook, tracking the wife and kids when they're on the road (they know - not stalker stuff, lol), banking and paying bills, checking the weather forecast, it goes on....

EDIT: Last weekend, my wife and I had a get-away for our tenth wedding anniversary. We used our phones (she has same one as me) to shoot pictures and update our facebook status the whole weekend so our kids and friends know knew much fun we were having. We had almost as much fun doing that as we did on our weekend! Best use of a smart phone ever!
    Last edited by oshunluvr; Jun 18, 2012, 06:14 PM.

Please Read Me

Comment

lol
      I have heard about using it as a remote but haven't done it.

BTW I have the original HTC android, with power cords etc. to give away. I'd pay the postage to send it, but one would have to provide a physical addy in the U.S. and it would be nice if the person would make a donation to Kubu for it, I don't want any money.

It can "supposedly" have a Kubu put on it, without actually affecting the OS, but I don't want to try it. There are youtube videos on the process.

woodsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
        lol
        I have heard about using it as a remote but haven't done it.

BTW I have the original HTC android, with power cords etc. to give away. I'd pay the postage to send it, but one would have to provide a physical addy in the U.S. and it would be nice if the person would make a donation to Kubu for it, I don't want any money.

It can "supposedly" have a Kubu put on it, without actually affecting the OS, but I don't want to try it. There are youtube videos on the process.

woodsmoke

I would love to try that kubuntu on the device thing ..................but I have no job at the moment and am trying to support me and the wife on $124.00 a week unemployment

VINNY
        Last edited by vinnywright; Jun 24, 2012, 01:59 PM. Reason: removed addr. as per.woodsmoks request
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

My most frequent activity on my T-Mobile G2 (aka HTC Vision) is flashing various Android builds. It's a nasty habit and I know I should stop, but I just can't!

Comment

Steve - You may suffer from what is known as RARS or "Random Android ROM Syndrome." You should see a professional and get some help

Please Read Me

Comment

I gotta go to Berkeley next week, I'm speaking at my employer's annual Sharkfest conference. Maybe I could squeeze in some time to come out your way for some helpful oceanside therapy?

Comment

Works for me! You can't really see your phone in the bright sun at the beach anyway so it's an automatic "time out."

Unfortunately, I'm six hours-ish from Berkeley so it's be quite a haul. However, if you're ever in L.A. give me a ring!

Please Read Me

Comment

Hi vinny I have your physical addy, so please remove it from the post, ummm posthaste.

I'll send the phone in a few days.

woodsmoke

Comment

Hi vinny I have your physical addy, so please remove it from the post, ummm posthaste.

I'll send the phone in a few days.

woodsmoke
                    COOL ..... after I get it I'll let ya know and ask @SteveRiley what the best ROM's mite be to try first and for some guidance or links to the best way's to root it and install the ROM's

thank you again 8)

VINNY

PS I dont mind my addy up ......any one that shows up in peace can have a glass of their favourite beverage ......and if they come with ill intent they can have some buck shot and all anyone can get trying to steal my identity will be bill's bill's and more bill's ......and not the green kind LOL ......ABSOLUTELY no credit.
                    16GB RAM

Comment

well, I feel very umcomfortable about it, I used to volunteer at Castle Cops.

woodsmoke

Comment

well, I feel very umcomfortable about it, I used to volunteer at Castle Cops.

woodsmoke
                        well I wouldn’t want to make anyone umcomfortable ..................so it's now removed.

VINNY
                        16GB RAM

Comment

Hi Vinny

Said phone, and a few other surprises, are wending their way in your direction by the U.S.P.S. even as you read this post! Have fun!

woodsmoke

Comment

Hi Vinny

Said phone, and a few other surprises, are wending their way in your direction by the U.S.P.S. even as you read this post! Have fun!

woodsmoke
                            sweet ..........thanks man I'll let you know when it gets hear .......and of course how the rooting efforts progress ........ 8)

VINNY
                            16GB RAM

Comment

I have the original HTC android
                              Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                              I would love to try that kubuntu on the device thing
                              after I get it I'll let ya know and ask @SteveRiley what the best ROM's mite be to try first and for some guidance or links to the best way's to root it and install the ROM's
                              and of course how the rooting efforts progress ........ 8)
                              Is the phone in question here the venerable HTC Dream, a.k.a. T-Mobile G1?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                                Is the phone in question here the venerable HTC Dream, a.k.a. T-Mobile G1?

I believe that’s what Mr woodsmoke sead .............I will confirm when it arrives ........and I would love to get some guidance from you when it dose as I think you posted you do a lot of ROM switching around late at night with a gin and tonic or 2 ......LOL

VINNY
                                16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                                X