This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoops, so I did!

Two kids, one wife, and me. All somewhat geekish, and rather fond of small devices that require batteries, sigh...

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
      Whoops, so I did!

Two kids, one wife, and me. All somewhat geekish, and rather fond of small devices that require batteries, sigh...
      lol @ "somewhat geekish", awe, you spawned little nerds

Comment

LOL. They're good nerds, too! Which makes me wonder which is the cause, and which is the effect

Comment

on the G1

and

he he 8)

thanks woody

☢VINNY☢
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Aaaa and
            root@Vinnys-HP-G62:/opt/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools# ./adb devices
            * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
            * daemon started successfully *
            List of devices attached
            HT846GZ16245 device
            ha ha

VINNY
            16GB RAM

Comment

You are now an official Android hacker! Welcome to the underground!

Comment

congratulations guys ya did goooooooooddd! as Andy used ta say!

lol

woodsmoke

Comment

found another good one for the G1 hear http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1254357

running nice @hear ....... and some obligatory screen shots

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1342317425374.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	640031 Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1342317459717.jpg
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	640032 Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1342317511134.jpg
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	640033 Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1342317666048.jpg
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	640034

thought @SteveRiley might want to check it out ...........if you haven’t tyred this one yet late at night with a Gin and tonic .....it's name is Ginsense after all ......LOL
                  just don’t forget the Ohsaka-SuperWipe first

8) thanks for the hours of geeky funnnnnnn woodsmoke 8)

☢VINNY☢
                  16GB RAM

Comment

lol you are quite welcome, you ginsense guy! f

woodsmoke

Comment

So what do you think of the HTC Sense UI vs. the stock Android UI? I tend to prefer stock.

Comment

So what do you think of the HTC Sense UI vs. the stock Android UI? I tend to prefer stock.
                        not a hole lot of difference rely IMOP .........but yes I do like the stock one a bit better
                        however this is running so nice I will keep it for a week or so before changing once again ..... LOL

if you find an interesting one post me a link to it if you don’t mind 8)

VINNY
                        16GB RAM

Comment

ezGingerbread is stock Android 2.3.7. "Stock" is the lightest weight UI framework and leaves the most amount of RAM available. It's fast, but it has the least amount of built-in functionality.

GinSense replaces the stock framework with HTC's Sense framework. Sense has more features and more widgets, but also consumes more RAM and is usually slower.

Now if you really want to try living on the Android edge, check out http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1647493.

Comment

ezGingerbread is stock Android 2.3.7. "Stock" is the lightest weight UI framework and leaves the most amount of RAM available. It's fast, but it has the least amount of built-in functionality.

GinSense replaces the stock framework with HTC's Sense framework. Sense has more features and more widgets, but also consumes more RAM and is usually slower.

Now if you really want to try living on the Android edge, check out http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1647493.
                            Humm dont quite understand this part................. "you need to use custom mtd. I used 140 for /system and 20 for /cache (rom currently requires a /cache partitoin. will be fixed in a later update)"?............................ is this on the sd and are the #'s in megabyte .............how dose that layout look in fdisk ?

VINNY
                            16GB RAM

Comment

The "you need to use custom mtd" is a statement of the requirements to get that ROM to work on a Dream. The ROM installer script reads a file called mtdpartmap.txt to determine how to partition the NAND, thus it takes care of satisfying the requirement. The original link to the .txt file is broken; an alternate is here.

That ROM appears rather rough. You will need an SD-EXT partition on your microSD card. Also, I don't know whether the altered MTD partitions will work with other ROMs, nor do I know how to undo it, so there is some risk of bricking your Dream if you try this one.

Comment

The "you need to use custom mtd" is a statement of the requirements to get that ROM to work on a Dream. The ROM installer script reads a file called mtdpartmap.txt to determine how to partition the NAND, thus it takes care of satisfying the requirement. The original link to the .txt file is broken; an alternate is here.

That ROM appears rather rough. You will need an SD-EXT partition on your microSD card. Also, I don't know whether the altered MTD partitions will work with other ROMs, nor do I know how to undo it, so there is some risk of bricking your Dream if you try this one.
                                Aaaaaa ya ; I think I will wate on that one, till I can see if it's reversible

I already have an SD-EXT partition for the apps to SD for some of the ROM's 8)

and am quite happy with the long list of current ones to try out for now till I run through them and get real bored LOL

this looks interesting however http://www.shr-project.org/trac/wiki and may be close to what woody was wanting to see
                                still reading up on it slowly but surly.

VINNY
                                16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                                X