X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinguy latest

LOL, several distros back, I advocated just what I see on this screen:

a) a locked panel on the left, although I didn't know how to lock it
    b) a "dock" on the bottom, I went through all of them, it looks as if this fellow is using Docky, which I found to be somewhat unstable, and of limited use, back then, I had settled on Cairo.
    c) ANOTHER dock on the right or conky, I settled on another dock for the simple reason of it not being all that easy for a new user to configure.

IF....he has figured out a "configuration panel" of some kind for Docky that would be....well rather awsome!

d) and a normal panel at the top!

I mean, it is exactly what I advocated with the exception of conky vs another locked panel. :O

So....my hat is off to the guy....(sic), , it is a rather complicated looking, and busy looking, setup; but, speaking from personal experience, it provides very quick access to various functions and therefore increases productivity.

http://pinguy-os.sourceforge.net/

If one is really a "gearhead" in terms of tweakage and quick access and a lot of productivity emphasis, as opposed to lean, and clean....then Pinguy might be worth a look-see!

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; May 24, 2012, 12:51 PM.

There is, indeed, a config panel. How I missed the thread on it I don't know.

It is not "full bore" as in stuff one might see at #! but it gets the basics done so that people can be introduced to it and then put their toes in the waters of editing .conkyrc.

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
    X