X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For people still using Frontpage 2000 a possible alternative

Breezie

woodsmoke

Hmmm, I wonder. I had a look at their own side and the code really is an unbelievable mess (over 595 errors in css alone, most of them real errors like using a string instead of a number). That's always the first thing I look at, because I think if your own side isn't okay, you probably don't care too much about standards, accessibility, etc. And that's a clear indication of the kind of code your application is gonna make.
    To compare: The homepage of BlueGriffon has 31 errors, all of them because of using vendor prefixes, so in fact that are no errors at all.
    The homepage of Kompozer (which is really getting too old) has no errors at all).
    It's still possible their editor makes fabulous standard code, but I've looked at dozens of that kind of sides, and I've never seen a good wysiwyg-editor with a bad homepage.
    As far as I know Kompozer and BlueGriffon are still the only two good free wysiwyg-editors, though Kompozer is really getting too old.
    Last edited by Goeroeboeroe; May 15, 2012, 06:27 AM. Reason: the traditional typo, sigh

Comment

Hi Goeroeboeroe.

Nice comments and from a perspective that I had not considered, thankee.

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
      X