X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANYTHING can be a touch sensitive input device

The technology is called Touche'

http://idealab.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/05/everything-can-be-a-touch-screen-thanks-to-disney-research.php

Last edited by GreyGeek; May 10, 2012, 05:49 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

This is a huge game changer, the touch screen phone was just an extension of the touch pad on a laptop, which was a small game changer.

If I was a young person, I would scrounge what money I could, go to a bank and use it for collateral for a long term investment loan and get involved in some way.

woodsmoke

Comment

There would be drawbacks I imagine, especially where the body is concerned,, things like scratching ones head can be misread as a "delete all files on my computer" and all that.

Comment

Just by coincidence I found an article about a paper throw-away touchpad. Very bad for the environment, I guess. But apart from that, if you combine this kind of things.
        One problem for me as a sitebuilder: what resolution have these things I was just getting used to the zillion resolutions on mobile...
        Ah, I shouldn't forget the link:
        http://www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/Ne...touch-pads.asp

Comment

LOL Hi GG.

One of my students, a young lady, is going to work for Disney this summer and I showed her the vid. She said that after she was actually in her job that she was going to start exploring ways to get involved with this.

So...GG, you just never know what will happen when a Strymon melinus makes a random post in a forum half a world away!

woodsmoke

Comment

Ah, the "Butterfly Effect" -- the flapping of the wings of a Butterfly in Tokyo causes a tornado in Kansas.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
              Ah, the "Butterfly Effect" -- the flapping of the wings of a Butterfly in Tokyo causes a tornado in Kansas.
              Its also how real programmers code

Comment

ROF, LLLL

Awesome strip!
                Loved that emac's retort.

Comment

Soooooo......why did the EMACS butterfly programmer cross the road?

Ahhhh to get to MACdonalds! lol

Having read the above, you should know that I just made it up for the thread! lol

And, I wonder if a really frozen hard slurpy could used as a touchscreen?

Naaa...... the EMACS programmer would get brain freeze! lol

woodBADJOKESsmoke

Comment

Working...
                  X