The future of Ubu

Menus stay
    Unity stays
    Wayland is coming
    Ubu TV and Ubu for Android

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...ntu_linux.html

comments?

woodsmoke

Ill be testing out the new Ubuntu as soon as I get my 12.04 Kubuntu install the way I want it. Kind of looking forward to seeing the progress in Unity....I hated it the first time I tried it, but it was mess less mature then.

Comment

Wayland: it's about time. X is crufty and most of what it had been doing is already in the kernel anyway.

Ubuntu for Android: why? I'd be much more interested in Ubuntu for my G2. That is, run it natively on the metal. Dalvik (Android's Java VM) is slow, why would anyone want to run an entire OS inside that?

Comment

Re: Wayland I agree with SR, especially once we get Nvidia and AMD/ATI on board eventually.

I'd like to see an implementation of that monthly-release idea a while back or some sort of semi-rolling style release (core is stable for release, applications "roll" on).
        Last edited by bsniadajewski; May 02, 2012, 09:10 PM.
        The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Working...
        X