Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, folks! Heady stuff, it is. It is weird feeling giddy and silly and all that schoolboy era stuff

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      Heady stuff, it is. It is weird feeling giddy and silly and all that schoolboy era stuff
      That's your common sense being disconnected from your brain, so your hormones can take over your thinking ...

;-)

Comment

Originally posted by dibl View Post
        That's your common sense being disconnected from your brain, so your hormones can take over your thinking ...

;-)
        Oh yeah, I'll probably do a better job of it that way, anyhow :eek:

Comment

Thanks, folks! Heady stuff, it is. It is weird feeling giddy and silly and all that schoolboy era stuff
          Nothing to be abashed at. You are alive!
          Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

Comment

Now if we can just get her to publish your romantic poems here ... This might get interesting real fast ...
            ;-)
            An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Omg, no! :eek:
              Some inappropriate material might leak out :eek:

Comment

Omg, no! :eek:

I'd better warn her about you folks

Comment

Why do you think we asked!

Comment

I've had a few weeks to think about this...

1) I left school at 15. I went to work in a lawyers' office and did nice stuff like debt collection, bankruptcy and winding up and rent and mortgage repossession. I did four Outward Bound courses including a City Challenge when I worked with people in a mental hospital, homeless people, children in an orphanage etc. It seemed stupid to mostly work for rich folks using the law against poor folks.

2) I decided to leave law and became a full-time Community Service Volunteer with people with physical disabilities. I was paid the princely sum of £4.50 a week.

3) I went to college and studied for 2 years fora Diploma in Community Education - Youth Work, Community Work and Non-Formal Adult Education.

4) I was a Community Worker (Senior Community Worker/ Community Development Officer) for 20 years. I got a postgraduate qualification - despite not having a degree.

5) I had a stroke on Sunday 12th. March 2000. Skills, knowledge, experience; qualifications, exist in theory but don't mean much in practise now. Aged 47, nearly 48.
                    Brain haemorrhage
                    Brain surgery twice
                    Post operative clots in leg and chest
                    Following trouble in chest had angina and heart palpitations
                    Cognitive disorder (I think slowly. Can't come back with a quick, witty riposte.)
                    Psoriasis of the major flexures
                    ...dropping to bits...
                    ...nearly 60 now...

6) What do I eat? Most things, except Chicken Supreme which I think is like eating hot vomit!

LOL. My youngest daughter is a university lecturer in China. She's eaten hens' feet, ducks' tongues, cubes of congealed blood and fried cicadas...
                    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
                    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                    X