This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, they threw is a bone, anyway...

If you run Linux and want to use gdrive your only option is Chrome on your gdrive account. There is no desktop client for Linux.

Google's android is #Linux

Google's ChromeOS is #Linux

Google's Servers are based on #Linux

Google itself is here because of #Linux

Google's money wagon is pulled by Linux... So where is the #gdrive for #Linux ??

They've released one for Windows, one for OS X, BUT, not for Linux!
    >

Thankfully, UbuntuOne works like a dream.

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

And in other news, while everyone else seems to be rolling out moar storage!, Microsoft lowers the SkyDrive free tier from 25 GB to 7. Effective now for all new users. Current users must [strike]prostrate themselves[/strike] upgrade their storage to keep their 25 GB.

Here's a feedback form to let Google you know they should release a Linux client.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl View Post
        Yes, I'm facing that too. I have about 750GB of "stuff", in total. But when I think about it, only a fraction of it is "originally created by me" stuff, and then of all of that, only a fraction is "unique and valuable work product not practical to recreate in this lifetime". At the moment I've got about 500 MB of this last category backed up on U1. The rest is all backed up of course, but the backups are in my house, so .....

I saw 1TB WD hard drives on sale at Newegg this weekend for $119. I'm thinking maybe I'll just get one, dump all 750GB on it, and take it to someone else's house. Then I'll only lay awake worrying about global annihilation.
        About 10 years ago when I was creating my own websites and storing them on web servers I had the idea of storing my data from my pc on to the the web server. I knew that the web servers were backed up on a regular basis and all I had to do was download my data if I needed to. If I was to do the same thing today I would at least make sure that the directory I stored the data in was properly secured.

Comment

Originally posted by nickstonefan View Post
          About 10 years ago when I was creating my own websites and storing them on web servers I had the idea of storing my data from my pc on to the the web server. I knew that the web servers were backed up on a regular basis and all I had to do was download my data if I needed to. If I was to do the same thing today I would at least make sure that the directory I stored the data in was properly secured.
          I was doing the same thing with my website, jlkreps.net, about 10 years ago as well. It was my DIY "dropbox". Webtools like Quanta+, Nvu and other tools could automatically upload and download files via ftp, which is how I (we) posted our new or modified HTML pages. I wonder how many patents there are on that obvious and trivial "technology"?
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X