X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking News about Blue Systems.

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/04/k...illions-in-it/

Not sure how accurate, but its an interesting read... Wonder how the trademark issue will work out?

Invested ......millions ? in "it"?

So that means a commercial "version"?

And if "it" succeded financially and surpassed "Ubu"? ?:

woodsmoke

Comment

I guess it tells you how much this "blue systems" must like KDE... on an ubuntu base, at least. The situation even confounded distrowatch commenters as well.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post

woodsmoke
        Ok woody, time to fess up... it's you isn't it... or should we call you woodbluesmokingsystems
        Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

lol
          I must confess that even though I seem to be on the analytical side I'm more like:

woodsmoke

It is just possible that with absolutely NObody actually recognizing it... even Shuttleworth....in his frenzy to do SOMEthing....ANYthing...

that the world crept up on everybody and said BOO!!

And a completely unforseen confluence of forces is here now.....

a confluence of the right tool, the right time....the right people... and the right money......

Some people call it the butterfly effect....

Maybe Kubu should have a new symbol....instead of the globe.... Starwolf's transparent, shiney oh soooo gawwwgus..... blue Kubuntu gear....

enclosing....

just a thought....of little worth..

woodsmoke
          Last edited by woodsmoke; Apr 18, 2012, 09:39 PM.

Comment

An edit in the blog post:
            “they [Canonical] have invested millions in it.”
            I knew there was something fishy about the title... A lack of referent for the term "they." Hee hee!

Comment

I'm wondering who Blue-Systems is. Thier site http://blue-systems.com/ only shows links to the projects they support.
              For all I know it may be Bill Gates or Bill Clinton, or maybe the German rock band Blue System?

Ken.
              Opinions are like rear-ends, everybody has one. Here's mine. (|)

Comment

http://www.wonderly.com/2012/04/kubuntu-moving-forward/

Comment

ERRRRR PLEEZE EXQUEEZEEEE MEEEE! But.... did everybody miss the HIGHLY PREGNANT SENTENCE?

The reason why we are concerned is that we have discovered how widespread Kubuntu really is.
                  woodsmoke
                  Last edited by woodsmoke; Apr 19, 2012, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Yes, I gedoubletooken on that one, too. Would love to see some stats!

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post

So that means a commercial "version"?

And if "it" succeded financially and surpassed "Ubu"? ?:

woodsmoke
                      Think about it:
                      7 years salary
                      2 uds events a year, so airfare, food and lodging for any number of people
                      product made to be sold (and not much purchased) in the ubuntu store
                      the free cd's made and shipped over time

etc, etc, could add up to such a sum, or at least a good part of it.

Comment

@wonderly

to quote an ol' blokes words,

"he speaks, yet he says nothing"

Sorry but I couldn't resist...

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Twilight Zone.
                        for those a little apprehensive about all the going's on,

It is sometimes said that where there is no hope, there is no life. Case in point: the residents of Sunnyvale Rest Home, where hope is just a memory. But hope just checked into Sunnyvale, disguised as an elderly optimist, who carries his magic in a shiny tin can.
                        and finally one for the sceptics,

"Professor A. Daemon: Always the same way. First the stimulant... then the chaser."
                        Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

Working...
                        X