This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Facebook can be viewed thru a non-logged out person

We have all read of the myriad problems with Facebook but this is just scary.

The VERY LAST POST in this question thread about a woman that had someone who saw her supposedly "private" facebook reads:

Notice the date, this is not an "old" problem.

[quote]
    Just saw your response. I think the most likely situation is that one of her kids didn't log out, so when the mom clicked through to your profile, they saw your whole profile, open to your friend.

There's nothing you can do about that except tell your friends to log out
    posted by bluedaisy at 9:17 PM on January 22, 2011
    [quote]

I wonder just how many other things there are wherein some troll in an unindustrialized country is being paid fifty cents a day to troll through thousands and thousands of Facebook sites trying to find ....

just ONE Facebook page.........

Where there is something that was unintentionally posted in what they THOUGHT was a secure, behind a walled garden, page... that then ends up a horror story on the Nightly News.

woodsmoke

http://ask.metafilter.com/176476/How...-Facebook-page

Just saw your response. I think the most likely situation is that one of her kids didn't log out, so when the mom clicked through to your profile, they saw your whole profile, open to your friend.

There's nothing you can do about that except tell your friends to log out
    posted by bluedaisy at 9:17 PM on January 22, 2011
    Better yet, don't post things to facebook that are personal and private (ie. if it would cause a problem if your mom did see, don't post it in the first place).

Comment

Working...
    X