This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QR Code generation

I don't have a device that can read these things, so I'm wondering if anybody has a recommendation for a site, or program, that can generate them. I went to one site, generated the image, then got to thinking. What if they have something else in there besides what I was wanting. Funny in a way, but not so funny if I want to put it on a poster (my plan) and don't know what it really says.

This is one site that I looked at, but I'm sure there are many. I basically just wanted a URL, but can I also put extra text in these things?

Tried that site you linked to and I don't see any hidden text in them (at least not that a normal phone can pick up, so I doubt you have anything to worry about).

You can put what ever text in them that you like, url are very useful ass it means users can quickly get to your site but mixing text and a url in one qr code complicates this. It would be better to make two qr codes if you want to do this as it takes just about no time at all to scan them.

Comment

Originally posted by james147 View Post
      Tried that site you linked to and I don't see any hidden text in them (at least not that a normal phone can pick up, so I doubt you have anything to worry about).

You can put what ever text in them that you like, url are very useful ass it means users can quickly get to your site but mixing text and a url in one qr code complicates this. It would be better to make two qr codes if you want to do this as it takes just about no time at all to scan them.
      Thanks for testing that James. You've answered all my questions. I'll use that site then. I'd also just as soon stay away from mixing text and URL if that's a complication since I really just need a web page for a poster.

Comment

Originally posted by james147 View Post

Are there other ways to mix text and a url in one qr code? I just want to let the people know about this text. If I create two, that would separate the info....

Comment

I generally use this QR Generator and never had an issue with getting something I didnt expect.

Any of the bigger QR sites like those you shouldn't have an issue with.

Comment

QR Code generators

3 apps to create QR codes from your own machine:

qrencode
            qtqr
            qreator

cf:

http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Kubuntu_...ffice#QR_Codes

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
            and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

Comment

Working...
            X