X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.....zzzzzz.......

Hi all...

Sure is slooooow around here the last couple days....
    Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves and cares about you most of all! http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/
    How do I know this personally? Please read here: https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...hn-8-12-36442/
    PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST! You don't have to end up here: https://soulchoiceministries.org/pod...i-see-in-hell/

Interesting that you posted this as I also noticed it, since about the 23rd!
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

There is a really great movie, which, after you watch it and think a bit has a fatal flaw to the plot, but it is still a great movie. It stars Jim Carey who is NOT playing Jim Carey, this one marks a departure in his acting repertoire.

It received very bad reviews, but it is a good "dark genre" and also has the "two viewpoints" style...he plays two parts and is also the narrator. I think that the reason for the bad reviews is because the reviewers knew "something" was wrong but couldn't identify what it was. And since it used two different viewpoints, they called it "confused". I really do think that the reason they couldn't see it was because they "have to pan a few movies anyway" and watch this one while writing another review and then blew something out to get on to more important films... But anyway...I liked it, it has a lot of twists in it but the most surprising twist is also the basic flaw in the plot.

The Plot error is NOT in the review at Wikepedia but..........DO NOT READ THE LAST THREE PARAS of "the plot" because the last three pars ARE a real spoiler, if you read them you might as well not watch it.

And it's name is....

The Number 23

PPS: if anyone wants to watch the dvd and can't figure out the plot error, I will pm it to them, and no fault on you because if the reviewers couldn't see it, it would be hard for anybody...

It only occured to me a few hours later.
      Last edited by woodsmoke; Mar 24, 2012, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
        There is a really great movie, which, after you watch it and think a bit has a fatal flaw to the plot, but it is still a great movie. It stars Jim Carey who is NOT playing Jim Carey, this one marks a departure in his acting repertoire.

It received very bad reviews, but it is a good "dark genre" and also has the "two viewpoints" style...he plays two parts and is also the narrator. I think that the reason for the bad reviews is because the reviewers knew "something" was wrong but couldn't identify what it was. And since it used two different viewpoints, they called it "confused". I really do think that the reason they couldn't see it was because they "have to pan a few movies anyway" and watch this one while writing another review and then blew something out to get on to more important films... But anyway...I liked it, it has a lot of twists in it but the most surprising twist is also the basic flaw in the plot.

The Plot error is NOT in the review at Wikepedia but..........DO NOT READ THE LAST THREE PARAS of "the plot" because the last three pars ARE a real spoiler, if you read them you might as well not watch it.

And it's name is....

The Number 23

PPS: if anyone wants to watch the dvd and can't figure out the plot error, I will pm it to them, and no fault on you because if the reviewers couldn't see it, it would be hard for anybody...

It only occured to me a few hours later.
        As long as you enjoy the film (movie) who cares if the reviewers don't like a film.

Comment

Originally posted by ardvark71 View Post
          Sure is slooooow around here the last couple days....
          Begs the question...what do we if/when we reach the point where all software just works?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
            Begs the question...what do we if/when we reach the point where all software just works?
            We wake up, shower, drink coffee, eat, all the while thinking with a big smile on the face about that sweet dream last night and then we go out and are seized by the imperfect world once again and forget all about it.
            Last edited by rms; Mar 24, 2012, 03:06 PM. Reason: Typo-look who's speaking about imperfect world
            Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

Comment

"And on that clear and starry night, the last of the Programmers finished, and all the Code was finally, and completely, perfect. And the Master Administrator said "Execute the Code" and it was done. And the Programmers and the Master Administrator departed. Overhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out."

(With respect to Arthur C. Clark and "The Nine Billion Names of God")
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by rms View Post
                We wake up, shower, drink coffee, eat, all the while thinking with a big smile on the face about that sweet dream last night and then we go out and are sized by the imperfect world once again and forget all about it.
                Hell, might as well start slogging back the gin-and-tonics right now, then, why wait until 5:00 PM? Hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                  "And on that clear and starry night, the last of the Programmers finished, and all the Code was finally, and completely, perfect. And the Master Administrator said "Execute the Code" and it was done. And the Programmers and the Master Administrator departed. Overhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out."
                  Ardvark starts out wondering why it's slow around here...and now Snowhog offers one perspective of the end of time.

Meanwhile, my son is watching an episode of the Simpsons where some dude (I don't know the characters) was speaking about installing Adobe Acrobat and proving the existence of Hell.

Today is a very...weird...day........

Comment

Today is a very...weird...day........

hehe. "Peoples is the cwaziest monkeys." (Thank you Lew Lehr) [Yes, I turned it around ]

Comment

Meanwhile, my son is watching an episode of the Simpsons where some dude (I don't know the characters) was speaking about installing Adobe Acrobat and proving the existence of Hell.
                      What?! And you're not watching? It will put back smile on your face, guaranteed. So help me Jebus if it's not truth.

Comment

Originally posted by rms View Post
                        What?! And you're not watching? It will put back smile on your face, guaranteed. So help me Jebus if it's not truth.
                        We're both in the living room; he's watching, I'm still embroiled in computer parts research (this is half the fun, I know I'm overthinking this by now). So I'm sort-of watching/listening. TBH, my exposure to the Simpsons has been practically zero. I'm feeling like that's possibly been a mistake. How many years has that show been on? How long would it take to watch every single episode? Heh.

Comment

How many years has that show been on? How long would it take to watch every single episode? Heh.
                          Well, you got me there. It's on for so long that I'm beginning to think it must have been around since "the stars were going out".

Comment

SteveRiley, "I'm still embroiled in computer parts research (this is half the fun, I know I'm overthinking this by now)."

Yeah, that IS half the fun of it! Even over-thinking it is fun (for awhile ... ). Some sense of control in this nutty world we live in. The real fun comes in reading Intel's docs! (... which, actually, are quite good ...)
                            An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

How many years has that show been on? How long would it take to watch every single episode? Heh.
                              The Simpsons
                              Since its debut on December 17, 1989, the show has broadcast 503 episodes and the twenty-third season started airing on September 25, 2011. The Simpsons is the longest-running American sitcom, the longest-running American animated program, and in 2009 it surpassed Gunsmoke as the longest-running American primetime, scripted television series.

Comment

Working...
                              X