This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you saw it here first a new baseball glove

As of this post, the video is not on You Tube, I saw it at Yahoo less than a couple of minutes ago, in their video cycle on the home page, since it has ABC news in the linky I assume it is there first.

A synthetic pitcher's glove, handmade in USofA that is going to be used by a pitcher.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/this-cou...143822188.html

woodsmoke

Hi woodsmoke,

I had to post this link in response as it's along the same lines...

I'm all for innovations such as this as long as it doesn't render the game's stat's and history irrelevent, as has happened with modern golf.
    Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

Originally posted by bra|10n View Post
      I'm all for innovations such as this as long as it doesn't render the game's stat's and history irrelevent, as has happened with modern golf.
      Yearh, or like Vilsbiburger racquet in tennis. Luckily they've banned it in time.
      Last edited by rms; Mar 23, 2012, 06:22 AM.
      Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

Comment

Hi guys!

Bra|10n I had not heard about the Al. bat, but I don't watch cricket so wouldn't have.

rms I had heard slightly about the double stringing system, but didn't know about the ban. There is also the jumbo sized racket now.

Actually, I agree with the bans in that this whole things depends on whether one wants to work withing the established rules or not. If the double stringing had not given an advantage to "lower ranked" players then folks could have cared less. So to a certain extent it is whether one wants things to be a "free for all" wherein any doof could win something or not.

I remember when my grandad sneakily used a slightly smaller golf ball as a joke. The ball was, and still is, illegal in that by definition, a smaller ball is going to go farther. But the size difference was almost imperceptable.

If one thinks of this in terms of the "reason" that things are used.

The baseball bat is used only to project a ball.
        The large head golf club and the smaller ball are used to project the ball.
        The Al cricket bat was used to project the ball
        Tennis racket is used to "originally" project the ball and then to hold and respond to the ball by re-projecting it.
        The glove is used to catch the ball.

So, "offensive" use, "back and forth use" and "defensive" use..

hmmmm

woodsmoke
        Last edited by woodsmoke; Mar 23, 2012, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
          rms I had heard slightly about the double stringing system, but didn't know about the ban. There is also the jumbo sized racket now.

Actually, I agree with the bans in that this whole things depends on whether one wants to work withing the established rules or not. If the double stringing had not given an advantage to "lower ranked" players then folks could have cared less. So to a certain extent it is whether one wants things to be a "free for all" wherein any doof could win something or not.
          Oh, yes, with a Vilsbiburger top pros wouldn't have any chance against me.
          Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

Comment

some of the other "odd" configurations on another page are kinda funny.

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
            X