Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you're interested in the JFK assassination...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're interested in the JFK assassination...

The documentary that changed me, unequivocally, from a lifelong believer that the official versions of Kennedy's assassination were nonsense, to understanding why Oswald was the lone gunman, is on today. It's starting at 5:00 and again at 8:00 [pm, my time, west coast], on the Military Channel [287 on DirecTV]. I can't say enough about how this show conclusively proved, to me anyway, that Oswald acted alone. It's called JFK: Inside the Target Car.

I'm not, and never have been, a conspiracy person, so it was never that I thought THAT. But I thought I understood the physics, logistics, and trajectories involved in the assassination--based on films I'd seen (no, definitely NOT the Oliver Stone movie--never saw it) and things I'd read. Once I watched this documentary, however, it all changed.

Ditto for my husband. On one of his trips here we watched it [I had DVRed it], and he totally changed his mind, too. We actually couldn't believe that after spending our whole lives believing one thing we now believed the opposite, but there you go!

YMMV, of course, so watch, don't watch, agree, disagree, whatever.
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Oh, this thread is going to generate a lot of commentary.

It was not possible for Oswald to have been 'the lone gunman' for many reasons. He was not that competent a marksman - that was established. The rifle he used, even in the hands of a skilled sniper, was not capable of producing the number of shots that were fired in the time they were recorded. Oswald was not 'the lone gunman'. There was at least one other (the grassy knoll), and some have proposed, maybe a third. Kennedy was assassinated. That fact is concrete. What has not, to this day, been established as concrete fact, is who assassinated Kennedy.

There was someone, or some concern, behind the assassination. Kennedy was a threat to an 'established' concern, and that concern, took the measures to remove him.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

It does make you wonder. Maybe the Freemasons were involved? (Kennedy was Catholic) Someone (in the military?) angry about how he handled the Cuban Missile Crisis a year earlier? Who knows? And yes I did see JFK (the Oliver Stone flick).
      The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Sorry, SH, but you clearly haven't seen the same proof I have.

For example, and I can't recall right now if this was in the documentary I mentioned or another one, there's this elderly man, a retired physician I believe, about 90 years old, who was easily able to replicate loading/shooting a Mannlicher-Carcano identical to Oswald's in the allotted time. If this old man with [perhaps] arthritic hands can do it, why couldn't Oswald?

Then there's Oswald's USMC ranking of sharpshooter; quoting from Wikipedia (which I don't normally do, but since I've seen proof of all of this elsewhere--such as Oswald's ACTUAL Marine Corps firearm shooting records--it's okay):

During his Marine Corps service in December 1956, Oswald scored a rating of sharpshooter (twice achieving 48 and 49 out of 50 shots during rapid fire at a stationary target 200 yards [183 m] away using a standard issue M1 Garand semi-automatic rifle), although in May 1959, he qualified as a marksman (a lower classification than that of sharpshooter). Military experts, after examining his records, characterized his firearms proficiency as "above average" and said he was, when compared to American civilian males of his age, "an excellent shot"
        I don't have the energy or desire right now to try to prove things I already know to be true. My suggestion would be that you watch the documentary I mentioned. Pay attention to its meticulously orchestrated recreations. Note the actual placement of Kennedy and Connolly's seats in the limo. Note the physics involved that make a shot from the grassy knoll--or anywhere else, other than behind--impossible in this assassination. Then let's discuss it more, okay?
        Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
        X