This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time change?

So, when the best time to make the change? Before you go to bed? At 1am, so it will be 2? Or at 2, so it wil be 3? or when you get up in the morning?

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jpenguin; Mar 11, 2012, 12:57 AM.
    Registered Linux User 545823

If you are referring to the Daylight Savings time change, and on your PC, that should occur automatically at the correct time, which will be Sunday 11 March 2012 2am local time.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by jpenguin View Post
      So, when the best time to make the change? Before you go to bed? At 1am, so it will be 2? Or at 2, so it wil be 3? or when you get up in the morning?

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk
      Here in the UK when we change from GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) to BST (British Summer Time) or back again I usually change my clocks in the house before I go to bed that way when I wake up in the morning all the clocks are set to the new time. The clocks on the computers are changed automatically so I don't amend them myself.

Comment

Very classical usage there NickStonefan!

The clocks on the computers are changed automatically so I don't amend them myself.

That is one of the things I like about this forum.... all you eddikated folks!

woodsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by jpenguin View Post
          So, when the best time to make the change?
          A couple of days later when you're absolutely sure that it's really happening.

Seriously, there's around 12 clocks in the house that need to be set and it's a bit of a chore. Currently only one has bells that require that you go through all of them or it will go out of sync. That's OK when moving ahead, but the other way is a real nuisance.

Comment

Working...
          X