This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aquarium tank inside surface cleaner

Ok if a moderator does not want this post in the forum PLEASE REMOVE IT without consulting me. Period. Remove it.

The post is going to mention a commercial product and a "make your own".

But, I can't help but think that at least a "few" of the denizens of Kubuntu forums are aquarists.

To cut to the chase, those people, as I, have probably "fretted" over what appeared to be a "cloudy tank".

Not REALLY ....cloudy, but we just can't seem to "get rid of it"....keep all the drek out of the tank, replace the water with filtered or distilled water, feed using food that is designed to not "cloud" the water, all that STUFF....

Well, I purchased the ONLY fish tank that I have ever really LOVED, ....it is called a "half moon" and it sits in the corner and is ROUND on the FRONT half...and I have two antique chairs, one from my dear beloved grandmother, mother's side, and then one I picked up in the sixties, that are "diagonal" in relation to the tank so that a guest and I can chat and actually SEE the little fishies without the "corner" of the tank, even a "trapezoidal" tank "getting in the way".

But, a brand new tank, all the right things being done and....still.......after a while ...."cloudy"...

Well, I had purchased one of these and donated it to "my laboratory" at the college, I keep five tanks in the lab to illustrate different things for the students, to...."clean" the tanks.

Well, I had never brought it home because I donated it, and it was "there" and not "here".

But, I thought I'd give it a go on my tank.

The change in the appearance of the tank is....well.......... amazing......

The "cloudieness" went away. Even with distilled/spring water, the fish and food and all that stuff put "stuff" on the inside of the tank. And, it is CONSISTENT.

One cannot point "there" and "see something".

I ran this thing over the whole of the tank and the "cloudieness" disappeared.....simple as that.

it is two pieces, one that is "smooth" and one that is kind of "velcro - like" only SMALL "velcro". Each part has a very STRONG...I mean.....STRONG, magnet in it.

One puts the "velcro" half inside and the other outside and "scrapes" the tank interior and the effect is just amazing.

Here is my commercial version:

http://www.magfloatcleaners.com/

Here is a store that emphasises that there are different versions for the tank material, glass, acrylic, etc.

http://www.petmountain.com/brands/54/1/mag-float.html

Here is a link for DIY it is a video but nice

http://blog.makezine.com/2009/08/05/...-tank-cleaner/

AGAIN, if a moderator desires to remove the commercial links PLEASE DO SO without asking me.

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Mar 11, 2012, 12:31 AM.

Why? This is a post in Community Cafe > Social/Casual Talk. Almost anything goes here.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Boy!!

Talk about QUICK!!!

But, really, there are many forums that eschew ANY commercial reference, even computer related except in the "generic" sense as in "Nvidia".

but, thanks

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
      X