X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speech Jammer - enemy of free speech

Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

I noticed that yesterday, but they don't seem to be presenting it quit right. Does it work? I assume so. Does it only work at a specific spot behind the device? Again, I would guess so. I'm not sure I'd dare to use one of those though. Pointing a gun of any sorts at somebody is likely to get you in trouble some places.

Comment

This video offers some insight into how it works:

sigpic
      "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
      -- Douglas Adams

Comment

I wonder if my wife would notice if.............................

Comment

If you pulled that thing out anywhere public in the states, youd have the local police, the state police, the SWAT team, the bomb squad, the FBI, the national guard, and the secret service pointing much more dangerous laser sighted objects at you in no time. It needs to be a bit more discreet....

Comment

Originally posted by Flip the Switch View Post
            I wonder if my wife would notice if.............................
            Maybe not but I'm afraid neither would you since it would merely turn it into UMPH! UMPH! BLAB! BLAH!...
            Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

Comment

Technology always trumps technology.

Noise canceling headphones, or discrete earphones, would block that out of phase feedback and the the speaker could continue on as usual.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Here is another alternative although one would actually have to blink once in a while.

The reverse of this technology was the "delay" hearing aid that Mel Tillis advocated for people who stutter. He actually demod it on a Johnny Carson show, the problem was that the audience expected him to stutter since it had become part of his schtick.

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
                X