This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whitney Houston dead

Just shocked to hear the news that Whitney Houston has died. Details are scarce right now, but the Beverly Hills paramedics apparently performed CPR for about 20 minutes before declaring her dead. So young...just 48. RIP.
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Wow, like Michael Jackson! Bet I'm gonna hear tons of Whitney Houston songs on radio.

But, something didn't feel right anyways, like Michael Jackson, the last time most people even heard from her, was the early 1990s!

Comment

I know she battled assorted addictions and, I believe, spousal issues (not sure if that involved physical abuse or if they were both abusing substances). People at the Beverly Hilton reported that she was acting very erratically and strangely earlier in the day.
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Her husband led her to the dark side with drugs.

Two days ago I was browsing the free movies at YoutTube and noticed "The Body Guard" was listed as a "free movie". Last night I checked and YouTube jacked it to $1.99. I thought they would exploit the situation.

She was probably the best vocalist I've ever heard, IMO. That movie was great, too.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Cue the "In Memory of Album.." in 3, 2, 1...

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
            Her husband led her to the dark side with drugs.
            You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink...

I'm no fan of Bobby Brown, but people are responsible for their own decisions.
            Last edited by HalationEffect; Feb 13, 2012, 03:58 PM.
            sigpic
            "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
            -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by HalationEffect View Post
              You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink...

I'm no fan of Bobby Brown, but people are responsible for their own decisions.
              I agree wholeheartedly.

The sad part is that being a parent wasn't enough to motivate her to stay off the [fill in the blank whatever substances she abused]. From descriptions of her behavior in the hours and days leading up to her death, it SOUNDS like she was back on [whatever], despite attempts at rehab. Now they're saying (the Beverly Hills Police, that is) that she was found submerged in the bathtub, unconscious. It remains to be seen if she first fell unconscious (heart attack? overdose?) and then slipped underwater, or somehow slipped underwater and drowned (which seems unlikely if one has their faculties about them and isn't physically disabled). I feel so sorry for her daughter.

Comment

IT is a sad situation. Of course we all remember Wihitney Houston's rendition of the National Anthem before Super Bowl XXV, just as the first Gulf War was starting. A great voice she was indeed.
                The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

The Coroner said that there was not enough water in her lungs to have drown her. It looks like a combination of too much alcohol while on some tranquilizers and anti-biotics.
                  Don't under estimate the power of peer pressure, especially for people who are co-dependent, or depend on the other people's opinions, to determine their own self-worth.
                  I watched an interview with her bodyguard of 12 years, before the decline of her career, who said that he never let her alone in the bathroom for more than five minutes, and made sure that she took showers, not tub baths, because of the risk of exactly what happened. He said that it appeared to him that those hired to protect her were not high quality people. That interview made me think of the movie "The Body Guard", in which a professional body guard replaces a bar bouncer acting as a body guard.
                  "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                  – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

GreyGeek mentioned the movie price was increased, and I think he was on to something..

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/2986...s-price-30.htm

Comment

Working...
                    X