This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The MEPIS installer doesn't allow seperate drives

The last time I tried SimplyMEPIS was 8.5, now their at version 11, I thought I'd install again in VB. I am amazed that the installer still doesn't allow spanning the install across multiple disk. Ex. putting /home on a different drive than /
    Registered Linux User 545823

I tried Mepis when they first started I can't even remember what the version number was, but it was just before Ubuntu started. It has had this limitation from the beginning. It's why I tried Ubuntu (and stayed with Ubuntu/Kubuntu ever since) I think this severely limits adoption of the distro, more so than they are willing to admit. I like putting /home on a different hard drive so for me this makes Mepis a non starter. I think a lot of users put /home on a different hard drive "just in case". It's a shame because it's a solid distro otherwise. It makes me want to know why after all this time is this still the case?

Comment

MEPIS was my first distro and I owe it a debt of gratitude for being user-friendly and well-documented but the development force is just not there. I remember this issue turning a lot of people off of the distro back in its golden days. Maybe I'll VB it too, for old time's sake.
      Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
      Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
      Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Working...
      X