This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoes and socks

When you're wearing both shoes and socks, how do you put them on? (Anyone old enough to remember the All in the Family episode where Archie and Mike argued over this?) Is it sock, shoe on the same foot and then sock, shoe on the other foot? Or sock, sock and then shoe, shoe? Taking it a step [pun fully intended] further, is it left foot first and then right, or right and then left, or you're not that obsessive/compulsive and just do whichever foot happens to be first?

Why am I wondering? I don't know! Just popped into my head while I was putting my shoes [but no socks] on...left foot first, as always. :-D
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

I always put my socks on well before putting on my shoes/boots/whatever. WHich side first, I don't care, as long as I get 'em on and ready to go.
    The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Um, isn't one sock, just when you wake up in the morning, good enough? BWAHAHAHA

Honestly the subject is something I've never exercised a neuron over. But since you brought it up, I figured a bit of research was in order. Socks are, apparently, a very important wardrobe element. In Indiana, a man 18 or over can be arrested for statutory rape if an under-17 passenger in his car isn't wearing her socks and shoes. Wearing dress shoes without socks might make others think you secretly wish for the return of Miami Vice.

We get into some odd conversations here at KFN; this is possibly the weirdest one I've seen yet

Comment

Originally posted by steveriley View Post
        Um, isn't one sock, just when you wake up in the morning, good enough? BWAHAHAHA
        *I* wouldn't know.

We get into some odd conversations here at KFN; this is possibly the weirdest one I've seen yet
        Glad to claim the honor of having started it. :-D (Wait...doesn't Woody's discussion of his high heels and whip count as a little weird?)
        Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
        X