This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the great laptop con

I saw this news item in my local newspaper today. http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.u...ists_1_4224075

I cannot believe how anyone could be so stupid as to hand over cash to a complete stranger in the street for something like a laptop.

Unbelievable. I wouldn't even buy a laptop on the street if I could open the case and check that the actual laptop (if there was one there) actually powered on.

Reminds of the iPlank Scammers.
    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

The iPlank! That's hilarious. It's an updated iBrick. Nowadays they're lighter: the iTwig.

You can get one for your dog so you can keep in touch wirelessly: the iBone.

The thing is, the guys selling the iPlank to the lady on the street even showed her a certificate that showed that they had a "5-Apple" feedback rating from previous buyers.
      Last edited by perspectoff; Feb 14, 2012, 10:55 AM.

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
      and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

Comment

Some years ago I got approached by two guys in a car who claimed they had came over, very cheap, a set of loudspeakers of best on market quality, that they were willing to sell to me for give-away price. I knew instantly that this was a hoax, as the 'real' speakers inside the box was changed to something very cheap. I told them I knew they tried to con me, and asked them to **** off. They went and I took the plate number and called the police.
        ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
        Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
        Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
        Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
        - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
        >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
        X