This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Madonna's half-time show

I didn't watch the super bowl, but I heard about Madonna's half-time show and the middle finger + profanity bit, so I decided to watch it.
    She certainly didn't look her age, or the makeup artist did a terrific job. The finger episode wasn't MIA trying to upstage Madonna, it was in perfect sync with the lyrics, music and chirography. IOW, it was planned and Madonna didn't seem surprised or taken back by it.
    It was an amazing spectacle, but appeared to me to be 12 minutes of Madonaa worshiping herself, interspersed by frequent pelvic thrusts and other positions usually associated with sexual activity. What do you think?
    VIDEO LINK REMOVED
    Last edited by Snowhog; Feb 12, 2012, 10:09 AM. Reason: Pulled from youtube due to copyright claim by NFL, LLC
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

It is possible that you are somewhat correct, I was rather taken aback by the first scene wherein she has moved up the "stadium seats" and is facing the "back" and is leaning on the rail and then squats down while the camera has been pre-positioned below her pointed upward in a rather obvious obsequity to purile interests. But then that is what she, and the others, have always been about.

We have moved "beyond" "just singing" and "art" and the "moving beyond" has...historically, usually, assumed a downward slope.

It's not that I harken back to "How much is that doggie in the window"" but that I would rather look up, or over, at a doggie in the window than having to look down to avoid the .... little messages left by the rutting goat, or goatess, as it may be.

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Feb 06, 2012, 02:43 PM.

Comment

"Madonna worshiping herself" sums up her entire career. Some of her music has been good enough over the years, but she's best at self-promotion.

Over the last couple of years several photo shoots have been "leaked" un-retouched and "it weren't perty." Her latest photos make it clear she's has some plastic surgery done in the last year or two. All that not withstanding; she looks pretty good for 53.

BTW: I only know all this because my wife is a huge fan so I have to hear about it...

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunlulvr View Post
        Over the last couple of years several photo shoots have been "leaked" un-retouched and "it weren't perty."
        The Internet is full of photo comparisons of models, starlets and movie stars before and after a makeup job. Some are absolute dogs. Real beauty doesn't need camouflage.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Skipped out on the Super Bowl again this year. Watched "Back to the Future" with the kiddo's, and I thought it was a much better evening!

Trying to explain the concept of time travel to a six year old is always interesting..

Comment

Six, uh? That would be interesting, especially since they barely have a concept of time, regardless of the direction. When we babysit my 5 year old grandson and he asked when his mom or dad is coming to pick him up I'd tell him "in two hours". Later on he'd ask again and I'd say "in one and a half hours". That didn't work. I pointed to the minute hand on the clock and said "when that hand goes around 1 and 1/2 times" drawing a circle around the rim of the clock 1 1/2 times. "Is it moving?" "Very slowly. See the second hand, which moves faster?" "Yes". "Every time the second hand goes around once the minute hand move just one of those marks." "Oh", he said, as his face drew a frown. So, it was time to watch some Road Runner Cartoons and do my Bug Bunny imitation.

Comment

Fixed:

VIDEO LINK REMOVED
              Last edited by Snowhog; Feb 12, 2012, 10:11 AM. Reason: Copyright claim is being asserted by NFL, LLC

Comment

I don't like the NFL and the NBA anymore
                Last edited by RJARRRPCGP+; Feb 12, 2012, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP+ View Post
                  Fixed:

VIDEO LINK REMOVED
                  You nor GreyGeek are faulted in this. If there is even a hint of a copyright claim/violation of material posted here in KFN, it must be removed to protect our Host, Open Source. This is his forum, and he funds it's operation (with help now and then from willing members). If any copyrighted material were allowed to remain, and the copyright holder decided it was in there best interest to 'make an example', they would come after him, and it would be nigh impossible to weather the onslaught. Their pockets are way deeper than his!
                  Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                  Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                  "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

What will be amusing is to see the Streisand effect on Youtube. They will pull the video, 10 more will appear.

Comment

Working...
                    X