Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You won't believe this phone manual from Samsung!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You won't believe this phone manual from Samsung!

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Cute. Of course, this isn't the real phone manual from Samsung, is it? If it were, the phone would be very expensive, plus, the manual would have to be published in many languages, all adding to the cost. But the idea is amusingly apt.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Of course, this isn't the real phone manual from Samsung, is it? If it were, the phone would be very expensive, plus, the manual would have to be published in many languages, all adding to the cost.
      The concept is awesome and I think it would help a great many people, even if it did cost more to produce the books and in different languages!

Regards...
      Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves and cares about you most of all! http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/
      How do I know this personally? Please read here: https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...hn-8-12-36442/
      PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST! You don't have to end up here: https://soulchoiceministries.org/pod...i-see-in-hell/

Comment

I think its clever. Having the book in many different languages is not really an issue in most places. Every other instruction manual is translated into the local language so I dont see why this one cant be as well. Youd only have a problem in places like Europe where laws require instructions to be in many different languages.

Comment

Originally posted by whatthefunk View Post
          You'd only have a problem in places like Europe where laws require instructions to be in many different languages.
          You could always print a standard book for other languages to make it cheaper ^^

Comment

I dont think this would make it any cheaper. You still have to pay for the translation and the paper and everything. In a lot of countries, instructions only need to be in one language, so it wouldnt be a problem there. In countries with more than one language, you could easily put a couple languages on each page...notice how much white space there is on each page. The big problem would be the EU where there are dozens of languages.

Comment

I guess I'm just missing something. Why would printing THIS manual in all necessary languages be any different from printing OTHER ["normal"] manuals? Doesn't Samsung [and all other companies] provide manuals that are language-specific for the places their products are sold? What makes this one so different?
              Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu View Post
                What makes this one so different?
                The ones shown in the video aren't your "normal" printed manuals. Hardcover. Large. Intricate. ...
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Did you watch the video? The phone actually goes into the manual so that the instructions can visually show you what to do.

Comment

Yes, I watched the video, and I still don't get WHY this would be any different from any other printing that involves multiple languages. So what if it's hardcover, large, intricate...whatever? Bottom line is it's just a book. Printing one book in multiple languages shouldn't be any bigger deal than printing other books in multiple languages. I'm just not seeing the issue.
                    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

I think it's hysterical! Think of all the customer service calls they avoid from the "electronically" challenged.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunlulvr View Post
                        Think of all the customer service calls they avoid from the "electronically" challenged.
                        Until there's a software upgrade that offsets everything by 1/4". What if, for instance, Samsung decides to move the status bar to the bottom?

Comment

Lol, the engineers would have to report to the printing department!

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                          X