X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux 3.3 Will Let You Boot Into Android

Just read this article, which includes:

Swapnil: What is the status of Android kernel's merge with the mainline Linux kernel? Any development there?

Greg: The code is almost all there already. The 3.3 kernel release will let you boot an Android userspace with no modifications, but not very good power management. The 3.4 kernel release will hopefully have the power management hooks that Android needs in it, along with a few other minor missing infrastructure pieces that didn't make it into the 3.3 kernel release.
    I believe my crystal ball shows some fun tinkering by many of us who roam these parts. :-D
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

The Android-x86 project might be of related interest.

Comment

Wow!
      I wonder if the 3.3 kernel will allow VB to create a guest OS out of Android?
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by steveriley View Post
        The Android-x86 project might be of related interest.
        Interesting! It looks like they've enabled the i915 driver, which means it may work on this box as a 32 bit guest OS.

Another project on my list ....
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X