Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A strictly free distro(but different definition of "free") based on Arch.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A strictly free distro(but different definition of "free") based on Arch.

http://www.osnews.com/story/25576/Pa...eedom_Packaged

woodsmoke

hope they at least included packaging signing (unlike arch)
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

IIRC Arch is starting to include package signing.
      The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

LOL
        ok......I'll expose my iggernance. What is special about them "being signed"?

woodsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
          ok......I'll expose my iggernance. What is special about them "being signed"?
          It verifies the package origin... If packages are modified/injected with malware by a third party then this is exposed by the signature being invalid.

Also, pacman (the arch package manager) dose finally have support for signing packages, though its early days and still disabled by default.

Comment

Free software only? Anyone remember the ill fated Gobuntu? - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gobuntu
            "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
            "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

You are quite correct arochester, but there is also Trisquel which has a stable user base.

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
              X