This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kde 4.8

KDE 4.8 has just been <url=http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kde-sc-4.8.0>released. How soon will it be available in Precise? That's about when I'll upgrade my Oneiric over to check it out.
    The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

It's there now -- just run sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

;-)

Comment

It's there now -- just run sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Comment

Great! I'll do that when I get a chance.
        The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

It's perfect so far - but I expected that, since the 2nd RC was pretty top-notch
          ​"Keep it between the ditches"
          K*Digest Blog
          K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Got it on Oneiric this morning from kubuntu-ppa/backports I think. So far, so good except for some muon weirdness installing it that I'll cover in a muon thread. Short version is muon stalled at 55% installed so I killed muon and the qapt processes and finished the upgrade with dpkg --configure -a

No harm done but somebody new to package managers would have had a fair bit of trouble.
            we see things not as they are, but as we are.
            -- anais nin

Comment

Cross link: http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...055-Kde-SC-4-8
              Have you tried ?

- How to Ask a Question on the Internet and Get It Answered
              - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Comment

Working...
              X