Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just had to share this, don't know why but just had to..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just had to share this, don't know why but just had to..

just had to...

woodsmoke

Re: I just had to share this, don't know why but just had to..

I am going to figure out how to work that into my presentations

Comment

Left intentionally somewhat cryptic, my thoughts ...

re the link ... The pretentiousness premises, the ACI ... Sounds like the posts I made awhile back here somewhere about wine & cheese & miscellany & behavior

Yeppers on SUVs ... and my ACI on that and the Starbuck's Morning Drive-up Crowd in my neighborhood.

“But aren’t you stereotyping people?” Agree completely ... anyone who doesn't believe in "profiling" is either way too left of Left, naive, born yesterday, or never gets out of the house. (In my bar-darts days, when in a tight spot, I was fond of telling people: I may have been born yesterday, but not last night.)

"So you might say that the ACI is a device that allows some people to be a bit more tolerant than some other people ..." => Nice paradigm. That allows for measured-and-not-naive Left-ness. (See above: profiling wiggle-room.)

Somewhat related ... For a few years, I ran a small group of craftspeople, and we remodeled kitchens. To distinguish ourselves from other outfits, I insisted we do it to make money, not lose money, and so I put myself in charge of estimating-pricing jobs to the retail consumer. In every price-bid, I baked in an AF (a*hole factor) to account for the grief the homeowner was going to cause us to complete his/her project. You know, the type who gets down on her (sorry girls, it is almost always a she and not a he) hands and knees with a MagLite and jeweler's OptiVisor lens-set to see that the oak toe kick in 1/64" off vs her uneven kitchen floor? THAT Mrs. Jones would get a good 10% AF in her bid. $100 per $1000 bid. Figure your time worth, say, $35 (at the time, mid '80's)? Well that's just about 3 hours of hand-holding per $1000 retail "product" placed to deal with her--very reasonable, imo. You'd be surprised how many tradesmen/contractors do something similar, even though they don't realize (or would admit) they are doing so. BTW, ask any plumber who his/her toughest customer is, his tightest don't-want-to-pay customer. It's either a doctor, a lawyer, or someone else with the big bucks.

(Ref.: elsewhere, I've made it clear I'm more Left than Right. Before you say it, "Right" is not "right"; and "right" (lower case "r") and "correct" are entirely two different words with different meanings.)

An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Hehhhh -- good one, Woodie!

Right -- make my wine "red", and my whisky can come from malt(s) or sour mash, I'm fine with it all.

Originally posted by Qqmike
        BTW, ask any plumber who his/her toughest customer is, his tightest don't-want-to-pay customer. It's either a doctor, a lawyer, or someone else with the big bucks.
        True -- however, as a student of human nature(s) for many years now, I have identified the very worst customer class, at least among the male persuasion. It's the professional salesmen -- the very most successful, cold-calling, get-to-yes pros. Catch one of those guys as a retail customer, and you are in for a very tough time.

Comment

lol
          keep 'em coming folks! funny stuff!

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
          X